Wicked wheel 2 ???

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
It was sarcasm, but I wasnt bashing the product. I think they sound amazing and are responsive on 6.0s. I just wouldn't put one on a 11-14 Factory 6.7 Turbo.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Im an idiot... I didn't realize this was related to one specific vehicle.

Completely disregard everything ive posted and move on with a more productive portion of your day!

Sorry folks!

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
dont do $hit on a 11-14 .

at least from any testing i have seen.

Last edited:

Powerstroke Racer

Reaction score
61.2 hp is a BIG claim, just wanted to see IF anybody had tried it and what the gains were.

ww67graph.png

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
It probably is true. But the life of the turbo is another story and how it was balanced. It's making the gamble even riskier.

TyCorr

Reaction score
That can't be right. Maybe tuned and deleted also.

I have one in my 7.3, i know i know, different zipcodes but unless you are doing dyno runs or wot, its not good for a truck that works. Im ttalking 38r. There are spots where the air doesnt seem voluminous enough at lower cruising boost level and egts get hot.

mattmal9

Reaction score
It probably is true. But the life of the turbo is another story and how it was balanced. It's making the gamble even riskier.

Im just wondering, sorry if this is a stupid question. Did Ford fix the problem with the "updated" 11-14 turbos. Say if I went and bought a new one from Ford tomorrow, would I still face the same possible problems with my original factory turbo?

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
After all I've read honestly lately, all the 11-14 turbos are a gamble......Some die early. Some die later. Its all depending on how accurate it was balanced and user care over time. Idling and cool down helps no matter what.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
After all I've read honestly lately, all the 11-14 turbos are a gamble......Some die early. Some die later. Its all depending on how accurate it was balanced and user care over time. Idling and cool down helps no matter what.

below 30 psi , they typically die early if the balance is bad. above 30 psi , they pretty much die. 13+ have WAY less failures than the 12 and earlier .

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
Well they are a year or few newer than 11-12 LOL. Give it another year and we will for sure know.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Well they are a year or few newer than 11-12 LOL. Give it another year and we will for sure know.

my point is that the 13+ regulate boost and no matter what you command they wont make more than 28 psi , period .

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
my point is that the 13+ regulate boost and no matter what you command they wont make more than 28 psi , period .

Why is this though? I've never seen above 28psi on mine. Is it because of the computer changes in 13+?

Last edited:

Jennifer@Dieselsite

Reaction score
Our truck wasn't deleted or tuned. 60 HP was with just a wheel swap in our 2011.

There are shops - also on the forums posting there results, a quick search might bring them up - that show as much as 100/100 gains with tuned and deleted trucks.

Latest posts

Members online