Wicked wheel 2 ???

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Our truck wasn't deleted or tuned. 60 HP was with just a wheel swap in our 2011.

There are shops - also on the forums posting there results, a quick search might bring them up - that show as much as 100/100 gains with tuned and deleted trucks.

Please show us those gains !!

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
The unfortunate thing is even if she does show results, no one is going to believe it.

These are dyno's we are talking about. If you don't trust the shop doing the testing, your never going to trust the results.

CWAY6.7

Reaction score

Agreed!

What I am confused about is why one truck that is stock would have a 60ish hp gain, and then a tuned and deleted truck has a 100hp gain? I get that the tuning is different and the motor does breathe better, but what is our (11-14 6.7s)goal? To make 100hp gains on stock tuning, with nothing else, while risking overspeeding the turbo with excessive rpms? You may as well engrave "Bye Felicia" on the damn turbo.

Last edited:

Jennifer@Dieselsite

Reaction score

http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46042

I do believe you were already present in this discussion before. He's just one I could take the time to find - his reports were consistent with the rest we got.

Obviously - Derek is right. You either believe the product will work or you don't and additional information on top the years of data already out there for this series of product (the Wicked Wheel brand) probably won't change that.

I also haven't received any calls from 6.7L customers that have done installs that were or are now currently having issues with their turbos going out. I've had a guy or two call about breaking the shaft during installation on the Cummins 6.7L turbos but that's for a different reason - apparently those stock wheels come with loctite on the shaft. Mind blowing.

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
Referring to Post #6 on the link you posted.....If the turbo(only the one we are talking about) is component balanced, wouldnt a wheel with an extra fin, and weighing in at a little less, be more susceptible to overspeed? Or shaft play overtime?

Jennifer@Dieselsite

Reaction score
Referring to Post #6 on the link you posted.....If the turbo(only the one we are talking about) is component balanced, wouldnt a wheel with an extra fin, and weighing in at a little less, be more susceptible to overspeed? Or shaft play overtime?

Totes.

i-have-no-idea-what-im-doing-dog.jpg

On second thought, let me see if I can get Bob in on this action.

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
I'm seriously concerned haha. Not bashing the product, I think they are pretty darn cool.

Latest posts

Members online