Windshield wind noise

Arconalloy

Reaction score
Ok I'll try exactly that tomorrow then it's Def somewhere on that pillar but I'm a few beers too deep to be driving her around anymore tonight I'll post the results tomorrow I appreciate the help from everyone too by the way thanks guys

Arconalloy

Reaction score
Not yet, this Friday I'll be throwing all I can at it to see if I can pinpoint. Check back then sometime. I think I'm actually going to start this time by taping the entire windshield, if it keeps quiet I'll start removing some bit by bit where I think it's at and see what happens

Reaction score
I had this problem bad on my 2011, drivers side front lower left cornerish. Nothing I did externally fixed the issue. The windshield ultimately had to be replaced and resealed. No more noise after that. Chances are, you're looking at a windshield replacement to correct this issue.

Arconalloy

Reaction score
I had this problem bad on my 2011, drivers side front lower left cornerish. Nothing I did externally fixed the issue. The windshield ultimately had to be replaced and resealed. No more noise after that. Chances are, you're looking at a windshield replacement to correct this issue.

Yea I have come to realize what your saying is true, I'm definitely not going to fix a D*MN thing myself since it's a 14 under warranty I'm just trying to pinpoint the exact issue and where it's at on the windshield so the dealer will pull it and reseal it

gnxtc2

Reaction score
So if the truck is still under factory warranty and the windshield needs to be pulled and gets cracked, does one get a factory Ford windshield or aftermarket?

Billy T.
[email protected]

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Is there no service bulletin on this issue I mean I've read and seen this issue so many times

There isnt one. Youd THINK with how many people have had the problem that it would be. I think the problem lies that the Ford dealers never really find the problem. So therefore its not recorded in their system the root cause as most people just have the windshields replaced on their own due to getting tired of going back and forth with the dealer.

So if the truck is still under factory warranty and the windshield needs to be pulled and gets cracked, does one get a factory Ford windshield or aftermarket?

Billy T.

Good luck getting them to warranty it. I had them look at mine as well multiple times, but they could never "find" where exactly the noise was coming from. So therefore they couldnt authorize the windshield to be pulled and replaced unless they knew for sure that replacing the windshield would fix it. So I would have to authorize the repair knowing it was my bill if they pulled the windshield and it didnt fix the issue. And being that I wasnt sure it would fix it, I wasnt going to authorize eating the whole bill when I had insurance. So ultimately, I have a $100 deductible on my comprehensive and my insurance covered the windshield replacement with a Ford OEM windshield and a glass company did the work. Fixed the issue completely. Drove it for multiple years and never once did it come back.

And common practice is going to be to replace the windshield if they are resealing it FYI. To high of a chance of damage when removing it so they just factor in an replacement if you are trying to reseal it.

Last edited:

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Having been thru this multiple times on the tech side, but very few under warranty, i will say we tend to advise customers to use their glass coverage. No deductible typically, and everyon out here has it due to our wonderful rock decorations that make it onto the freeway. However, the ones i have had under warranty, it has been explained to the glass company, that if they break it, they are replacing it. And as long as the glass has the super duty in the top, it is replaced with factory. Had mine replaced thru insurance, and it is ford glass.

Reaction score
Having been thru this multiple times on the tech side, but very few under warranty, i will say we tend to advise customers to use their glass coverage. No deductible typically, and everyon out here has it due to our wonderful rock decorations that make it onto the freeway. However, the ones i have had under warranty, it has been explained to the glass company, that if they break it, they are replacing it. And as long as the glass has the super duty in the top, it is replaced with factory. Had mine replaced thru insurance, and it is ford glass.

^^^^^^^
This right here is what I was talking about. Even though the techs may have a good understanding of what the root cause is, they typically cant get approval to cover it under warranty due to lack of evidence pointing to a leaking windshield. That or the trucks are out of the warranty period. Therefore, according to Fords systems, there isnt a high failure rate being documented through the dealer for warranty because everyones insurance companies are picking up the bill. Sucks really. Oh well either way, hopefully you can get it covered under your warranty!

Arconalloy

Reaction score
Ok I got ya, really I could care less who, how, the problem gets fixed but with all the time I spend burning up the highways it needs to get fixed. There's nothing worse than having to explain to someone who's blowing the trumpet in the truck when they look at me like wtf was that. It's always somehow knows how to ruin a good song too. I've had enough of listening to it

Reaction score
Ok I got ya, really I could care less who, how, the problem gets fixed but with all the time I spend burning up the highways it needs to get fixed. There's nothing worse than having to explain to someone who's blowing the trumpet in the truck when they look at me like wtf was that. It's always somehow knows how to ruin a good song too. I've had enough of listening to it

Haha yup, mine definitely knew how to ruin a good song! I know what you mean, its like nails on a chalk board. I lived with mine for a long time and finally couldnt take it anymore so I took a chance on the windshield, which ultimately fixed it. Maybe yours isnt that, but keep us posted on what you find that fixes yours.

Arconalloy

Reaction score
I'm pretty much convinced it's windshield all day long.it's just such a pain to prove. I still have a little bit to throw at it and I'll keep everyone who cares to read posted

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Good luck man. Honestly, f you can find it with tape, and show them where it is, and you are within 3/36 it should be covered by warranty. The majority i have seen are out of 3/36, or the windshield is so cracked and chipped that we are unable to cover it due to the hi probability of breakage. Hope.you get it resolved.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Well it may not be covered due to mileage. Not sure if there is any esp that covers it either.

Atsah

Reaction score
At this point, hit the windshield with a hammer....

Last edited:

ChitownPS

Reaction score
Any luck finding that noise? I wish I had more time to start messing with mine. But its driving me nuts. Im going to start pricing winshields

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.