With H&S MCC coming think IDP will tune on H&S

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Dang why do I have to be on deployment...I miss driving my truck! This new tuning stuff is getting crazy but can't wait to see where it goes! Looks like when I get back I might have to put more money into it.

Stay safe man and thanks for serving our wonderful country. It is because of people like you that let us here in America do all this crazy chit to our trucks as we please. Freedom is a Great thing bro and for that I am thankful!!!

B585Ford

Reaction score
Stay safe man and thanks for serving our wonderful country. It is because of people like you that let us here in America do all this crazy chit to our trucks as we please. Freedom is a Great thing bro and for that I am thankful!!!

I couldn't have put it any better!!!!!

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
That would be absolutely amazing, but the people that want to market their files are not gonna be willing to post them. But best case scenario an extensive library on how to do it yourself and maybe some that understand it VERY well would be willing to open up!

and this is why, for the average joe tuner, ford is so far behind.

you can go onto most duramax forums, and there are people willing to help others tune.

ford is such a secretive crowd, and dont get me wrong, capitalism wins, but for fks sake.......

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score

you can go onto most duramax forums, and there are people willing to help others tune.

ford is such a secretive crowd, and dont get me wrong, capitalism wins, but for fks sake.......

Aint that the truth!!!

Nic

Reaction score

WIN :pimp:

powerlifter405

Reaction score

Military never can be thanked enough! My grandfather was shot up in WWII and was in ICU for 16 months. Gotta give credit where credit is due.

Gearhead

Reaction score

There is a huge learning curve and tuning is not for everyone. What really is the Ford world behind on? Is there something that a tuner hasn't been able to do for you? There is no way to make them burn unicorn tears and make magic power levels on otherwise mundane parts combinations. Counter to popular belief there is quite a bit of information sharing between tuners.

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
so lets say that people that get this mcc, and start tuning themselves.

then lets say that somewhere on here there starts a public....database, of various files, people have used for this, or that. joe takes johnnys file, and tweaks it, makes it better, so on.

are you goin to contribute to those threads, in a contributing manner, or MAYBE, just say thats not quite the right way to do it, if you say anything at all.

and to use your last statement, its great that there is sharing between tuners. but how often are the tuners goin to help joe average dial in his own setup? i imagine they would be more than willing to give/sell them the files, but to give them the answer, and the explanation of why its better so they can expand their own tuning knowledge?

how often would any tuner be willing to contribute to a "thread/database" like that? its left to the public to blow up his truck, to learn the limits of whats to much/little_______, to get where the tuner is now. this is where my capitalism comment came in. even if the customer payed for the knowledge, somewhere in there proprietary information would come into play, so even if the customer learns, he cannot pass it on to help the next guy.

unless he dedicates some serious time and learning to it, but then he turns himself into the tuner instead of the customer and is right back where he started.

it, to me, all boils down to, how many tuners will chime into a thread like that, and actually help.

i can see you, matt, lending some help, more to steer people away from a failure, but the rest, i dont see helping.

capitalism, and you really cannot blame them for it.

and LOL at the unicorn tears.

Last edited:

Shipmate

Reaction score
I can see it now.... I took the ( insert race tune here) and tweaked it ... and well my heads are now on top of the cab. It must of been a bad file that I started out with.
I understand what you want but I think they (H&S) should give you a base file and YOU the end user add subtract what ever settings you want. Back when I used to tune DSMs and EVOs with Haltechs and AEM ems, we would get a base file then work it to our liking. We did however get different base tunes for different size injectors. But once again these are base tunes not high horsepower tunes. If we wanted them to come down and custom tune them they would for a fee of course.

early99powerstroke

Reaction score
I'm curious, will it possible to write an exhaust brake tune? Such as when the user turns on the tow/haul mode and taps the brake pedal that the transmission will downshift, torque converter will lock, and the variable vanes will close in to create back pressure. I'm thinking tuning similar to the banks speedbrake just a whole lot cheaper

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
I can see it now.... I took the ( insert race tune here) and tweaked it ... and well my heads are now on top of the cab. It must of been a bad file that I started out with.
I understand what you want but I think they (H&S) should give you a base file and YOU the end user add subtract what ever settings you want. Back when I used to tune DSMs and EVOs with Haltechs and AEM ems, we would get a base file then work it to our liking. We did however get different base tunes for different size injectors. But once again these are base tunes not high horsepower tunes. If we wanted them to come down and custom tune them they would for a fee of course.

the way h&s was talking, they were goin to give out base files, that the user would then tweak.

a starting point.

that is where my thought process started. then i got to thinking if the "mmc crowd" started file sharing, like the duramax crowd.

i dont really know, i was more thinking out loud, seeing what kind of response i would get.

wondering.

H&S Bentley

Reaction score
The MCC software starts with any H&S Base file you want to use. That goes anything from DPF Present to Hot Damn 300. This also goes for transmission tuning, just pick the file you want to export, and that is your starting point.

For this reason, the MCC software is relatively simple. A lot of the basic functions of DPF removal, torque limiters, etc are already removed. No need for you to worry about how to disable the EGR/DPF system, it is already done for you.

As far as information sharing from the pros, the can be a touchy subject. Not only does that information take years to learn, but it is also no something you can just teacn in a forum post. Tuning is an art form that you must learn on your own. Each person may have a different style of tuning and be going for slightly different results. Some may tune more in a mass fuel table and others in a duration map. In the end, the results may be the same, but there are always multiple ways to skin a cat. Two basic variables come into play when you break it down into the simplest form of diesel engine tuning.

1. Fuel injection amount
2. Fuel injection timing

All the tables and modifiers in the ECU are ways to adjust these two basic principles. I suggest any user that wants to use MCC read through all the tables and learn how they interact with eachother. Then you will understand how changing in value in table X will correlate to a different output from table Y and Z. There is no black or white answer when it comes to tuning, it really is an art that must be learned if you want to make the best tunes.

That being said, it is so easy to make small changes and learn. If you know you like the H&S Hot Damn 300 file, but want to have less fuel in the lower RPM range.
1. Go to the mass fuel tables and adjust fuel output according to RPM
2. Go to the smoke limitation maps and adjust fueling according to boost levels.

Learn by making small changes and understanding what the change you are making affects.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
The MCC software starts with any H&S Base file you want to use. That goes anything from DPF Present to Hot Damn 300. This also goes for transmission tuning, just pick the file you want to export, and that is your starting point.

For this reason, the MCC software is relatively simple. A lot of the basic functions of DPF removal, torque limiters, etc are already removed. No need for you to worry about how to disable the EGR/DPF system, it is already done for you.

As far as information sharing from the pros, the can be a touchy subject. Not only does that information take years to learn, but it is also no something you can just teacn in a forum post. Tuning is an art form that you must learn on your own. Each person may have a different style of tuning and be going for slightly different results. Some may tune more in a mass fuel table and others in a duration map. In the end, the results may be the same, but there are always multiple ways to skin a cat. Two basic variables come into play when you break it down into the simplest form of diesel engine tuning.

1. Fuel injection amount
2. Fuel injection timing

All the tables and modifiers in the ECU are ways to adjust these two basic principles. I suggest any user that wants to use MCC read through all the tables and learn how they interact with eachother. Then you will understand how changing in value in table X will correlate to a different output from table Y and Z. There is no black or white answer when it comes to tuning, it really is an art that must be learned if you want to make the best tunes.

That being said, it is so easy to make small changes and learn. If you know you like the H&S Hot Damn 300 file, but want to have less fuel in the lower RPM range.
1. Go to the mass fuel tables and adjust fuel output according to RPM
2. Go to the smoke limitation maps and adjust fueling according to boost levels.

Learn by making small changes and understanding what the change you are making affects.

I need this for my Trans files in

Latest posts

Members online