Ww2 for 6.7

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I dont think mike was saying that there wont be gains with a tune ect, i think there will be gains for sure with a tune, if its already making more power with barely any fuel thats great and a very good sign.

The thing that might be interesting is the reliability of the turbo with a tune and the addition of the wheel. The turbo is oversped due to how small both wheels are. This makes it hard on the bearings.

A billet wheel generally will hold up better to higher speeds, ONLY if the wheel is exploding or splitting into two under high speeds, which the 6.7 turbos seam to be having shaft problems not wheel problems. The wheel may add a little extra thrust load on the shaft but i dont see that being an issue. Hopefully they get some out there to test on tuner trucks, might be a good addition for someone not wanting to get crazy

BlueOx

Reaction score
I dont think mike was saying that there wont be gains with a tune ect, i think there will be gains for sure with a tune, if its already making more power with barely any fuel thats great and a very good sign.

The thing that might be interesting is the reliability of the turbo with a tune and the addition of the wheel. The turbo is oversped due to how small both wheels are. This makes it hard on the bearings.

A billet wheel generally will hold up better to higher speeds, ONLY if the wheel is exploding or splitting into two under high speeds, which the 6.7 turbos seam to be having shaft problems not wheel problems. The wheel may add a little extra thrust load on the shaft but i dont see that being an issue. Hopefully they get some out there to test on tuner trucks, might be a good addition for someone not wanting to get crazy

Kinda what I was thinking too. If the price is right and it makes a little more power without popping the the turbo, I could see this being worth it for some people

Sent from the wild blue yonder....

01PSD

Reaction score
Sheesh some are acting like Dieselsite hasn't tested this or aren't going to before releasing it. (they may have realeased it already idk LOL) I think they said it's been on a guy's truck for 1000 miles +

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Turbo balancing in the last few years has become extremely crutial on a whole new level never technically needed before. I cannot see adding a dyi wheel to this mormon turbo (one husband multiple wives) without a re-balance.

Still interesting though.

Just keep in mine this aint no gt38r with a 250hp T444E pushing it at 18003pms anymore.

Super08Duty

Reaction score
While the gains are very impressive on a stock truck, I personally don't like the idea of a DIY replacement wheel. If you have the charger balanced as a whole afterwards, then that's different. And when it comes to 6.7 turbos...you can polish a turd, but its still a piece of chit.

12stroker

Reaction score
Sheesh some are acting like Dieselsite hasn't tested this or aren't going to before releasing it. (they may have realeased it already idk LOL) I think they said it's been on a guy's truck for 1000 miles +

Where are you getting your info from? I looked on fb there's really nothing saying how long it's been on a truck other then dyno numbers. And nothing is on the website.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
what im trying to say , is if this thing works at stock boost (rpm) level, and you take this thing to say 160,000 rpm, and its not balanced... forget the carnage people have seen with unbalanced batmo's at 80,000 rpm , that will be nothing compared to the destruction caused by something unbalanced at 140,000 rpm . i could be wrong, but i'm pretty sure rpm increase causes exponential stress on something out of balance.

BlueOx

Reaction score
what im trying to say , is if this thing works at stock boost (rpm) level, and you take this thing to say 160,000 rpm, and its not balanced... forget the carnage people have seen with unbalanced batmo's at 80,000 rpm , that will be nothing compared to the destruction caused by something unbalanced at 140,000 rpm . i could be wrong, but i'm pretty sure rpm increase causes exponential stress on something out of balance.

Do you think that DieselSite wouldn't have these balanced before they were sold?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Do you think that DieselSite wouldn't have these balanced before they were sold?

why they are selling a whole turbo ? balancing isnt the wheel, its the assembly.

01PSD

Reaction score
Where are you getting your info from? I looked on fb there's really nothing saying how long it's been on a truck other then dyno numbers. And nothing is on the website.

Guess I was seeing $hit that night on FB :doh: Just says they've been working on it for over a year with their test truck.

Dzchey21

Reaction score

It does. After 100,000 rpm , ever 10,000 rpms is double the force of the previous rpms. So basically 110000 rpm is twice the force of 100000 rpm same with 120k rpm over 110k. Obviously the bigger the wheel the more force there is. So in this case the rpm prob wont effect the wheel a ton but the shaft speed and how they oil isnt good. Unbalanced yes you are right it wouldnt be good at all esp with 2 wheels

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

2wd-fire

Reaction score
It does. After 100,000 rpm , ever 10,000 rpms is double the force of the previous rpms. So basically 110000 rpm is twice the force of 100000 rpm same with 120k rpm over 110k. Obviously the bigger the wheel the more force there is. So in this case the rpm prob wont effect the wheel a ton but the shaft speed and how they oil isnt good. Unbalanced yes you are right it wouldnt be good at all esp with 2 wheels

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

yes but billet wheels are around 5 grams lighter and this being too would problly be around 10 grams so that alot less weight on the shaft and bearings. also how are turbo balanced from factory banlenced as a unit or individually?

Dieselsite

Reaction score
"esp with 2 wheels "

There is only one wheel - it is double sided. The wheel is one solid piece of machined billet and balanced as a single rotating mass. Seems some think the two wheels will come apart. Just clearing that up.

Bob

Dieselsite

Reaction score
Also, the OEM turbo is component balanced. The factory wheel doesn't even look round since they take so much material out of it to balance it. Anyone ever look at it would see that.

Bob

12stroker

Reaction score
"esp with 2 wheels "

There is only one wheel - it is double sided. The wheel is one solid piece of machined billet and balanced as a single rotating mass. Seems some think the two wheels will come apart. Just clearing that up.

Bob

Well what are your are testing it on minus just on the dyno? Have y'all been driving it down the road? If so how many miles have been on the truck before and after? Also have y'all loaded the truck down hauling a load? These are all questions I would like to know about your product. I have before replaced just the wheel on a turbo before and it took out the turbo in a few thousand miles.

Latest posts

Members online