Yay or nay on painting in between windows black???

kmanxj

Reaction score
I gave it a shot today. Never done vinyl so I learned a few tricks along the way. I'm gonna give it a good stare over the long weekend and if I decide to keep it I got enough vinyl to re-do it....I think I can get the corners where it meets the window molding better and I learned a trick for cutting and not getting into the paint. I'm far from a professional but it came out decent at least. Enough vinyl to do it twice was only 13 bucks so no big loss if I decide to rip it all off.

Where did you get the vinyl? I have always like this look.

truckman1974

Reaction score
I think it looks pretty sweet.....

Couple of the F150s I've had in the past I bought the chrome pillar covers to cover the black in between the 2 windows.... I'm a chrome guy though..... I think these Super Dutys look good either way you go (painted to match, chrome, black....) Just a sharp truck we have here!

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
So I pulled off my first version today with every intention of redoing it....got the driver side done and all the lines were straight and it looked much cleaner. Went to do the passenger side and didn't have enough vinyl. LOL
I ripped it all back off and ordered more...a little heavier vinyl but also matte black. I should have it done for hopefully the last time by Friday.
I gotta say the look really grew on me after seeing it in person.
If anyone is gonna try it, a heat gun is a necessity to make it lay straight where the window molding goes.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
I put painters tape across the molding on top and bottom for a line to follow, put the top edge in place and worked the vinyl down to the bottom then put the backing paper back under the vinyl so the blade didn't hit the paint and used a straight edge across the vinyl to cut against. Seemed to work well since it doesn't take much for a sharp blade to cut the vinyl.

Clean-15

Reaction score
So I pulled off my first version today with every intention of redoing it....got the driver side done and all the lines were straight and it looked much cleaner. Went to do the passenger side and didn't have enough vinyl. LOL

I ripped it all back off and ordered more...a little heavier vinyl but also matte black. I should have it done for hopefully the last time by Friday.

I gotta say the look really grew on me after seeing it in person.

If anyone is gonna try it, a heat gun is a necessity to make it lay straight where the window molding goes.

Did you get this done to your liking? Any more pictures?

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
I did...thought I posted pics but maybe not. I'll add a new one to ight when I get home.

Reaction score
Well I had it done
aec0aadb7d188875eedab1eecef28a8e.jpg

I was dead set on painting the mirrors but after seeing another truck with this done and the mirrors blacked out I liked it better. Everything flows and looks clean.

Last edited:

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Nice. I guess I never posted mine again either. I definitely like it...it's staying.

11694009_10204969231890190_1758970256484049417_n.jpg

Latest posts

Members online