Younger1993 build

silverbullet4x4

Reaction score
Thanks man, since I got into A&M I don't touch it anymore. Bills are much larger as you can imagine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

I hear you on that, I'm only about a year and a half removed from Engineering school and I can't even afford to get into one. :pointlaugh:

HobbyStock62

Reaction score
I'm assuming with billet intervals, stage 3 clutches and torque converter? Something along that line? Just wondering what is necessary for the 650-700 level.

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
I'm assuming with billet intervals, stage 3 clutches and torque converter? Something along that line? Just wondering what is necessary for the 650-700 level.

I can't speak for what's in Morgan's trans but mine has a PI converter, billet input and low/reverse hub, and I honestly forget which clutches are in mine but it holds up to LOTS of abuse at that 650-700hp level

HobbyStock62

Reaction score
I can't speak for what's in Morgan's trans but mine has a PI converter, billet input and low/reverse hub, and I honestly forget which clutches are in mine but it holds up to LOTS of abuse at that 650-700hp level

Great, that's what I wanted to hear

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
I expected a nice barbque sauce in the pan with blued steels.

I've kinda been expecting to see that with mine too, but the last two times I have pulled the pan, once to do a solenoid and once just to take a look, it still looked perfect. Can't complain!

No one doing the billet intermediate? I don't really like the price tag on that one.

I was actually told by multiple reputable sources NOT to run a billet intermediate and that the stock one will handle the power just fine.

MorganY

Reaction score

That is not whats necessary for 650hp and an #8300 truck IMO. I fried this trans from March until now...about 30,000 miles/2 yrs total on the trans. The first 20k was no problem, I had no icp and a laggy turbo setup. Ever since March, the last 10k miles has wiped it out. Surprised it lasted this long. For clutches, you need Elite's stage 4 raybestos clutch kit at the very LEAST if you are doing it yourself. The suncoast kit barely scratches the surface of extra clutch material. Waste of money and time if you're going big.

Direct pack has almost nothing left.. I am losing power from it. 1&2 hit like they should. Trans has the Suncoast Red Eagle clutch kit (IP3), billet input and low reverse. Trans didn't hold close to 650hp (maybe more) successfully... and that is $4k in parts including solenoids. The converter is an 1800 stall built by Circle D in Houston; it's my favorite part about the trans.

No icp yet!?

Last edited:

sootie

Reaction score
That is not whats necessary for 650hp and an #8300 truck IMO. I fried this trans from March until now...about 30,000 miles/2 yrs total on the trans. The first 20k was no problem, I had no icp and a laggy turbo setup. Ever since March, the last 10k miles has wiped it out. Surprised it lasted this long. For clutches, you need Elite's stage 4 raybestos clutch kit at the very LEAST if you are doing it yourself. The suncoast kit barely scratches the surface of extra clutch material. Waste of money and time if you're going big.

Direct pack has almost nothing left.. I am losing power from it. 1&2 hit like they should. Trans has the Suncoast Red Eagle clutch kit (IP3), billet input and low reverse. Trans didn't hold close to 650hp (maybe more) successfully... and that is $4k in parts including solenoids. The converter is an 1800 stall built by Circle D in Houston; it's my favorite part about the trans.

are the red altos better than stock tho?

windrunner408

Reaction score
... if you are doing it yourself...

Fwiw, I wouldn't recommend tackling a 5r110 on your own, unless you have the tools, equipment, and knowledge on how to build one. There's definitely more to them than meets the eye when putting in a clutch kit like the EDE Comp kit...

MorganY

Reaction score
NOPE! But did manage 660 on fuel out of it with LOW icp! Oiling problem should be taken care of VERY soon here... have some stuff waiting to go on :)

Nice!

Fwiw, I wouldn't recommend tackling a 5r110 on your own, unless you have the tools, equipment, and knowledge on how to build one. There's definitely more to them than meets the eye when putting in a clutch kit like the EDE Comp kit...

I agree. For what you pay in labor, Its not worth your time forgoing whatever you set aside to do it.

Whenever you are ready let me know and I'll send those tools to ya.

Thanks man

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.