Younger1993 build

Mdub707

Reaction score
I think he was asking how you plan on bolting it down if you can't access the mounting holes with the tops welded on? Am I missing something? How DO you mount that thing?

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
he had it welded before hand, this is what I would do if I were him.

Drill small pilot holes in the top plates by going through the current existing mounting holes on the bottom (make sure you use a bit the smaller than the stock hole so it still seals), where the gasket goes with a drill press. Then just step up the bit size on the tops. I would weld in orb bungs and use orb plugs.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Ahhh, going to drill through the top. Makes sense. So the hole in top needs to be large enough for the bolts to down into the manifold then just use plugs in the top holes.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
yes, exactly, I wouldnt use anything smaller than -8 to plug with though, -6 is too skinny for comfort.

Mdub707

Reaction score
I really need to do that with mine. I even have a spare manifold sitting here in the garage already.... too many damn projects.

Super08Duty

Reaction score
The manifold will be drilled and tapped with plugs similar to what other modified manifolds use. Oringed plugs and all the welds will be thoroughly checked for pin holes so no air leaks are possible.

MorganY

Reaction score
he had it welded before hand, this is what I would do if I were him.

Drill small pilot holes in the top plates by going through the current existing mounting holes on the bottom (make sure you use a bit the smaller than the stock hole so it still seals), where the gasket goes with a drill press. Then just step up the bit size on the tops. I would weld in orb bungs and use orb plugs.

Yes sir that's what I did, holes are already drilled. Hopefully the plugs get here this week so I can get some photos of it up.

MorganY

Reaction score
A-323E-4380-AC00-3C7F5080EDC2-777-000000F9A74470A8.jpg

Coxey Diesel

Reaction score
Have you decided yet what dyno day you're throw the stock rods at yet haha

Great looking build, truck is gonna be super clean. Might want to go ahead and call DP.

strokin6L

Reaction score
couldn't see a whole lot of it, but what little i just seen from the pics....looks like a nice paint job on the block and valve covers Morgan.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.