zf6 killed.

psduser1

Reaction score
I had a local machine shop go it. If my lathe was big enough, I'd have done it in the shop.
A slight interference fit and some locktite to hold the bushing in the flywheel, and 2 to 3 thou running clearance to the input shaft bearing surface, machined after the bushing is pressed into the flywheel.

ja_cain

Reaction score
I had a local machine shop go it. If my lathe was big enough, I'd have done it in the shop.
A slight interference fit and some locktite to hold the bushing in the flywheel, and 2 to 3 thou running clearance to the input shaft bearing surface, machined after the bushing is pressed into the flywheel.

What is the diameter of the flywheel? Just wondering what size lathe would be needed. I wonder if you could just do it on a mill with the appropriate size ream assuming you can get one close enough to the input shaft tip size. Is the bushing bored all the way through?

ju015dd

Reaction score
Well new clutch is gonna have to wait for now. Is the dieselsite repair sleeve and bearing not an option for a rebuilt trans?

ju015dd

Reaction score
Ok guys, been thinking and reading lots about clutches. Gonna go ahead and bite the bullet and install a new clutch while I have the trans out for the swap. I talked to southbend and they recommend the SFdd3250-6 for my application. Any thoughts on this? Gonna call Valair next to see what they say and have to offer.

ju015dd

Reaction score
Well , put in new south bend dual disk clutch and reman zf 6 and all is well. The clutch is taking some time to get used to but no too bad. Sucks having to use the clutch for every gear with the dd but can't complain , she is alive again.

Latest posts

Members online