ZF6 swap in a superduty?

vcassens

Reaction score
Anyone have a write up on it. I have an 02 450 4x2 auto and it is going to need a new trans soon. I am thinking about converting it to 4x4 and swapping in a 6 speed manual at the same time. Anyone have any input on this? how does the floor pan work in the superduty? I know in the obs it is just bolted/glued in.

co04cobra

Reaction score
The best job is to cut out the auto hump and weld back in a zf one. We are finishing one in the shop this week. I wish it was a bolt in but you need to cut about a 2x2 section to do the best job.

There should be several write ups on here.

I do have a 4r 4x4 and the zf stuff to do the swap too. I may even have a 4.88 front housing. PM if you decide which route you are going.

vcassens

Reaction score
The best job is to cut out the auto hump and weld back in a zf one. We are finishing one in the shop this week. I wish it was a bolt in but you need to cut about a 2x2 section to do the best job.

There should be several write ups on here.

I do have a 4r 4x4 and the zf stuff to do the swap too. I may even have a 4.88 front housing. PM if you decide which route you are going.
What would you have to have for the zf stuff? He'll for that matter what would you want for the auto and do they come with the transfer case?

Latest posts

Members online