03 CCSB 250 1 or 2 piece driveshaft

davidm781

Reaction score
Purchased a 2003 CCSB 6.0 200K miles with a 6" inch lift on 37/13.50R22's. When I test drove the vehicle the truck had a horrible vibration. Jacked the front end up ball joints were shot. So I did ball joints, tie rod ends, and hubs on both sides. Test drove it and realized I was dealing with a driveline vibration. Posting this tonight before I start tomorrow but first I will try to drop the carrier bearing down in the morning. If that doesn't solve the issue my next step would be to consider a 1 piece drive shaft. Anybody have any suggestions or experience dealing with the same issue? I hear it is a pretty common problem. Also going to go with a set of traction bars if anyone can recommend those too. Thanks everybody in advance.

Side note: I didn't get the vehicle aligned yet either but I am positive the vibration is worse than an alignment problem.

JRLott

Reaction score
Nope. I'm pretty worthless concerning that and was just answering the traction bar question.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Are you sure it aint a tire vibration? Ball joints and other wore out steering/suspension stuff plays hell on tires. Are they cupped or feathered at all? Just for cheap chits and giggles take em to a tire shop and have them balanced. If possible, road force balanced. That will tell you if you have a bad tire or not too. Most tire shops will charge between 50-100 bucks for that, where as you are probably looking at a hell of a lot more for a driveshaft.

davidm781

Reaction score
Well I did do the ball joints, tie rods, stabilizers, and the tires are worn yes. It seems to me as if is in the driveline. I will go to the tire shop tomorrow just for ****s and giggles. Also have them check the alignment just to be certain.

Latest posts

Members online