03 Keeps Dying and Starts Right Up

Snoop

Reaction score
Had an 03 excursion in we did head gasket on and other preventative maintenance things to. Everything went well but had a ICP sensor fault when I initially finished the truck. Unplugged the pigtail and plugged it back in and the CEL and code went away. Customer took truck (ran great no codes) and drove home 100 miles. He said he was almost home and it started dying on him. He pulled over and it started up every time. Still same thing today. Does it hot or cold. He said motor never misses or lopes or sputters. Jut loses the petal and then engine is off. Pulls over and starts right up. Local mechanic was able to pull codes for crank position sensor and can position sensor. Kind of odd... I'm thinking its the ICP sensor/ and or connector for ICP. What else could it be? I wish he was closer then I could throw it on IDS and get some data.

Snoop

Reaction score
Ok thanks. Isn't it coincidental those codes came up together? Do they share a 'hot' or ' 'signal' wire to the PCM?

G Racing

Reaction score
Those two codes together will usually have another code with it making them a false code. I can't remember for the life of me which code it was but there should be another code.

G Racing

Reaction score
No. Lol. I know extended no start cranking will set those codes as well. I'll remember it in the morning. Hahahahahaha

Snoop

Reaction score
Ya I'm kind if kicking myself for not confirming ficm voltages after the build. Oh well lesson learned. Ill keep an update on any results. Thanks.

Latest posts

Members online