03 problum

smokey73

Reaction score
I'm new to the 6.0 I've had it for almost a year now and don't know allot about them. 2 days ago i started it to leave work and the rpm"s went up and down a couple times then straightened out didn't think anything of it.
Yesterday tried to start it to come to work no start plugged it in 4 hours later tried to start it started and ran fine drove it all over yesterday and restarted with no issues.
This morning started it to come to work did the idle up and down quit a few times and allot of black smoke out the tail pipe so i pressed the accelerator a little to raise rpm did that for 10 seconds and it runs fine.
My question is is there anything that i can physically check because were i live the closest scan tool is over an hour away. So far the things I've checked is battery's, changed oil and filters and fuel filters, used a code checker no light no code. Any and all help is appreciated.

Lassie

Reaction score
Just need a meter. Pull bolts out of degas bottle and push to side. Remove small cover on top of FICM. Measure voltage at two right hand screws. Google it, there have to be a few thousand write ups or videos by now.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.