05-07 Suspension VS 08-10 Suspension

kanuck15

Reaction score
I have been reading and looking around. Cant seem to find any pictures or real description of why they are different lifts or parts? Can anyone point me in the right direction to look? From what I see they are the same but there are different part numbers between the 05-07 and 08+ trucks

Basically what it boils down to is I am looking to do a coil spring swap. I can get the bracketry for an 08+ easier than for an 05-07. But I can get an 05-07 axle easier. Will all this mesh together right???

Aaron S

Reaction score
The trac/ panhard bar bracket is probably the only nonuseable part from the 08 up trucks.

kanuck15

Reaction score
Got ya. I posted this on nation also. Cary T said its all the same as far as I am concerned. I would venture to say I could use the 08 trac bar but I would have to move my mount for it. Either way thats a small difference

Layson

Reaction score
Yes you need the 05 track rod bracket.... I would probably go with the 08 steering box too if you can.

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
Keep in mind that the leaf springs were changed in 08, so that's what the separation in lift kits is all about.

As far as your concerned joe, use what ever u can and u will be fine. If u need help finding stuff I know where 3 complete swaps sit at this moment

kanuck15

Reaction score
Well I found a way to buy all the brackets new from ford. So I am going to whittle away at buying them and then find the axle when I decide to do it. Ive already got the coils and the radius arms

kanuck15

Reaction score
I may be interested if the price is right. My truck budget is tight so I am trying to nickle and dime the small pieces while I can and save my change for the axle. Thats why buying them from ford seemed to be the best option as I can spend a bit at a time

CoastalF350

Reaction score
I may be interested if the price is right. My truck budget is tight so I am trying to nickle and dime the small pieces while I can and save my change for the axle. Thats why buying them from ford seemed to be the best option as I can spend a bit at a time

I can sell them to you part for part. I dont mind at all

Latest posts

Members online