06 6.0 Issue

Stroker67

Reaction score
I have a 2006 F250 with the 6.0 motor. Today while the ol lady was driving it, the truck acted up, like it had no power. She said she could barely get it to go up small inclines. When she got it home, i noticed i couldn't hear the turbo whistling like i usually can (the jet engine sound while idling). The only thing i have to pull DTC's is the SCT programmer. Only code i got with it was P0683. I'm at a loss here guys. Any help is appreciated.

Tyler

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
p0683 is a faulty glow plug controller code which shouldnt have anything to do with your power lose. i would check exhaust back pressure sensor

Reaction score
Just had the same prob finally gave in and broght it to the dealer they found a bad HPOP was the prob posobly more all know in the next day or so

Stroker67

Reaction score
Well found out what it was, The ol Lady was kind enough to fill my truck up this morning with 21 gals of unleaded :eek: so ive spent the last 5 hours with my buddy, draining the tank, changing fuel filters, and adding Lucas fuel additive and filling it back up with good ol diesel. After about 10 minutes of rough idling and starting, she fired up, and runs like a champ! I think i dodged a HUGE bullet on this one.

On the other hand, i still have the P0683 DTC code, so any thoughts on that? Thanks again guys.

Mdub707

Reaction score
I'm not sure you dodged a bullet just yet. Test the glow plug control module to verify of it's actually bad and replace if necessary. As for the unleaded...time will tell. Ouch.

06_Whitebull

Reaction score
Well found out what it was, The ol Lady was kind enough to fill my truck up this morning with 21 gals of unleaded :eek:

I sure hope you and your bud had a cold beer or 12 ready and waiting for you when you were done.:pint: How far did she go after she filled it?

Nothing sexier than a good lookin woman driving a big ass truck, IMO. I wish mine would want to drive it more often but it's stories like this that make me glad I fill the tank at the 1/2 mark. It's not that I don't trust my wife to fill up the truck.........well......

a2elvis

Reaction score
Most likely the GPM is bad and thats what is setting the code. Easy fix.

As far as the gasoline in the tank, I have seen several and they were fine afterward. I think it might be more destructive on common rail stuff.

Stroker67

Reaction score
She only drove about 10 miles with it like that. So far so good as of right now. Where exactly is the GPM and anyone have a picture of it so i know what im looking at? Thanks again guys.

06_Whitebull

Reaction score
Front passenger valve cover, under the CAC tube. Hard to see in the picture, but I circled it.

GPCM.jpg

Latest posts

Members online