08 6.4L Build & Turbo Upgrade Help

Codyj

Reaction score
i dont know why they love 4th&lock. i ran mine in od and got better results on their dyno. you gotta remember i told you their dyno is stingy as ***. tune only i dynoed 430hp. 713 with 60% and a s472. you need track times.

Yea, BD calls their dyno the HeartBreaker, the friday night before BD Dyno days (May 23rd) is the street legals at Mission. I will probably got test my truck.

pog

Reaction score
id go the first sunny friday you can. with our luck it'll be raining that friday lol.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Its supposed to be great for towing. It will be nice to have the option to down shift when towing up and down big hills instead of waiting for the truck do to it itself.

It would be nice to choose a gear. If it works out post up. I saw it and been debating on trying it.

Sent from the bat phone near a drilling rig.

B585Ford

Reaction score
Upgrade the turbos with the fuel you have....especially if you tow with 38" tires and 50% nozzles, I would want more air...Tow X, HP, or custom setup somewhere in the 62-66/80-88 size.

Codyj

Reaction score
Upgrade the turbos with the fuel you have....especially if you tow with 38" tires and 50% nozzles, I would want more air...Tow X, HP, or custom setup somewhere in the 62-66/80-88 size.

Thanks for the info. Thats kind of what i was thinking, Jr. High Powers (59/76.7) or High powers.

Does anyone have experience with the Jr. High Powers, would these be a good option? Or if i'm going to upgrade again, I should just spend the money and go to a big set up?

B585Ford

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Thats kind of what i was thinking, Jr. High Powers (59/76.7) or High powers.

Does anyone have experience with the Jr. High Powers, would these be a good option? Or if i'm going to upgrade again, I should just spend the money and go to a big set up?

I have a JHP currently with a stock HP and 15% nozzles with a stock HPFP so I don't have nearly the fuel you do. I like this setup, but comparing our trucks is apples to oranges. Webb, the guy selling the Tow X, ran 30%s with dual HPFPs and a while back Big Rig (Jerry) ran 50%s with dual HPFP and HPs. I am pretty sure Webb liked his setup and I know Jerry liked his. I don't know anyone running running extra fuel and a JHP off of the top of my head. JD had duals and 15%s or 30%s with a JHP and stock VGT a while ago until he went to Max Powers, but I am not sure if he did any towing with the old setup.

Codyj

Reaction score
I have a JHP currently with a stock HP and 15% nozzles with a stock HPFP so I don't have nearly the fuel you do. I like this setup, but comparing our trucks is apples to oranges. Webb, the guy selling the Tow X, ran 30%s with dual HPFPs and a while back Big Rig (Jerry) ran 50%s with dual HPFP and HPs. I am pretty sure Webb liked his setup and I know Jerry liked his. I don't know anyone running running extra fuel and a JHP off of the top of my head. JD had duals and 15%s or 30%s with a JHP and stock VGT a while ago until he went to Max Powers, but I am not sure if he did any towing with the old setup.

Thanks for all the information! Do you know what kind of HP numbers Big Rig (Jerry) got with 50%'s, dual HPFP's and the high powers? That seems like the way to go.

webb06

Reaction score
Thanks for all the information! Do you know what kind of HP numbers Big Rig (Jerry) got with 50%'s, dual HPFP's and the high powers? That seems like the way to go.

That truck was never dynoed or ran at the track. I'm sure someone can guestimate what power it was at though

pog

Reaction score
fwiw didnt bigr on stock fuel go 704hp? with more fuel you'd think you'd be knocking the 800 club.

Riverside

Reaction score
If ya can swing it I'd go with HP, HP-X, max powers or a custom setup from Morgan at Midwest.

Iv ran tow power plus, HP Jr's on stock fuel and now dual pumps and HP-X 's.

My current setup is my favorite.....it has to most power, of the setups that I've ran, best drivability and I feel like it would tow without issue.

Codyj

Reaction score
If ya can swing it I'd go with HP, HP-X, max powers or a custom setup from Morgan at Midwest.

Iv ran tow power plus, HP Jr's on stock fuel and now dual pumps and HP-X 's.

My current setup is my favorite.....it has to most power, of the setups that I've ran, best drivability and I feel like it would tow without issue.

Oh wow, you have tried it all. Any idea on your power with the HP-X's and dual pumps? What nozzles do you have?

Sorry for all the questions, I already under powered my truck with once, i don't want to do it again.

B585Ford

Reaction score
fwiw didnt bigr on stock fuel go 704hp? with more fuel you'd think you'd be knocking the 800 club.

Yeah on the dyno 700 and some change and according to trap speed about 680 on stock fuel.

OP,
There are a lot of great options....IMO anything from Tow Xs to Max Powers and/or Morgan's custom setups could get you where you want to be....hardest part is trying to decide!!!

Last edited:

Riverside

Reaction score
Oh wow, you have tried it all. Any idea on your power with the HP-X's and dual pumps? What nozzles do you have?

Sorry for all the questions, I already under powered my truck with once, i don't want to do it again.

I'm running 75% nozzles.

Based on other trucks with similar builds I'd guess I'm in the 850 - 950 range.

Codyj

Reaction score
Yeah on the dyno 700 and some change and according to trap speed about 680 on stock fuel.

OP,
There are a lot of great options....IMO anything from Tow Xs to Max Powers and/or Morgan's custom setups could get you where you want to be....hardest part is trying to decide!!!

Deciding is a hard part, but paying the bill is even harder. Lol

Codyj

Reaction score
I'm running 75% nozzles.

Based on other trucks with similar builds I'd guess I'm in the 850 - 950 range.

Nice, seems like fun. How dos it run on the street? Have you Towed with this set up? I'm still running a stock bottom end so I don't want to over do it.

Riverside

Reaction score
Nice, seems like fun. How dos it run on the street? Have you Towed with this set up? I'm still running a stock bottom end so I don't want to over do it.

Oh, its a absolute blast!

Smoke control is excellent IMO......excellent driving manners on the street.

I haven't towed with it yet but I plan on it.
but based from its manners is stock, tow, performance, etc. I think this setup will handle towing just fine.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
with high powers on stock fuel I did 723 corrected, I felt like that number was high, as the truck typically trapped in the 680 range , but drove insanely well.

with high powers, dual pumps and 110hp nozzles, the truck made 750 , but trapped closer to 800 . dyno's are just tuning tools, and none are the same across the board. trap speed always is.

Codyj

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Hopefully this week we can get another tune written up and test the truck one more time. If its still low numbers I will let you guys know which route it went.

Cody

Latest posts

Members online