'08 f250 blowby?

'08burn'em'off

Reaction score
I have been out of town for a while and other than my brother using my truck a couple of times its been sitting. Went to the gas station to fillup and as i finished i quickly checked the oil and noticed smoke coming out of the dipstick tube. Its also coming out of the oil fill so im wondering how critical this is and seeing as its only got 82k on it is this covered under warranty if something needs to be done. Truck is a 2008 f-250.

AllanB

Reaction score
I am sure someone else with more experience on this will comment on this. But just from what I have read on this site, the 6.4's are well known for blowby.

cfdeng7

Reaction score
All engines have some blowby, it most lilkely is normal. If u can put up a video of it.

'08burn'em'off

Reaction score
thats def good to hear that it may be normal. I think im still gonna take it in to get checked out just for my own peace of mind. Thanks for the input.

p8ntballn2

Reaction score
mine smokes quite a bit.. but flipping the cap over on the oil fill doesn't cause mine to blow off. I did a homemade CCV Mod, thats what i would do.. stop letting all that garbage through you turbo and IC piping and IC.

Latest posts

Members online