08 F250 STREET TRUCK BUILD

Beechperformance

Reaction score
Get anything else done today?

Built a ccv delete. Finishing up the intake. Porting the 2nd rail. Working on the HPFP brackets.

Tomorrow picking up the up pipes from the welder. And the HPFP pulleys from the anodizer. Finishing gate plumbing and the charge pipe from turbo to turbo.

6.4psd916

Reaction score
So, instead of one gate to the atmo and one to the down pipe, why not both to the atmo? I think you will need all the exhaust energy possible to spool that guy with the charger size differential and avoid a dead spot.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Probably because he is going to run NOS as well and if he doesnt gate it to the downpipe the backpressure will get crazy high and the motor will say goodbye is my guess. When you run NOS you have to have two gates to keep the backpressure in check while keeping power high.

madman1234509

Reaction score
Or you could put a 3rd gate in. My set up will 1 gate on each up pipe. Both bypassing the small turbo. Then a 3rd exiting the hot pipe between turbos to open and bypass the large turbo and into thr downpipe to limit ebp/boost. Both gates bypassing the small turbo can be run off the same regulator. You could make it simpler and keep it equal by deleting one of the gates off the uppipes and running 1 gate from both up pipes.

I really like what he is doing here. If it hasnt been answered yet, what is the ar of the stock lp turbo and do you have any concerns with it spooling. Def could be a budget minded compound build

Wayne

Reaction score
Wes is routing the gates exactly how I would do them. The VGT turbine housing will most likely be a restriction before the atmo turbine will. (keep in mind this is a stock high pressure turbo) Once the VGT is at full song, you begin to bypass into the atmo what you can, without killing power generated by the VGT. Both up pipes have a large chamber in the VGT turbine housing where they can balance pressure before passing into the turbine wheel. In my experience, the most power is made when as much energy as possible is put through the largest turbo, without overspeeding it, or slowing down the smaller one(s) to the point they aren't contributing to the total power, or are a restriction. If he makes enough power (most likely possible on nitrous) that both the VGT and the atmo are overwhelmed, then they can be slowed down to a safe level by the 2nd gate, which bypasses both. most likely the second gate will rarely, if ever be needed, but is good to have in place as insurance.

Before I get flamed for my opinion here, I would point out that my comments apply to this setup specifically, and may not be optimal for other configurations.

Last edited:

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Wes is routing the gates exactly how I would do them. The VGT turbine housing will most likely be a restriction before the atmo turbine will. (keep in mind this is a stock high pressure turbo) Once the VGT is at full song, you begin to bypass into the atmo what you can, without killing power generated by the VGT. Both up pipes have a large chamber in the VGT turbine housing where they can balance pressure before passing into the turbine wheel. In my experience, the most power is made when as much energy as possible is put through the largest turbo, without overspeeding it, or slowing down the smaller one(s) to the point they aren't contributing to the total power, or are a restriction. If he makes enough power (most likely possible on nitrous) that both the VGT and the atmo are overwhelmed, then they can be slowed down to a safe level by the 2nd gate, which bypasses both. most likely the second gate will rarely, if ever be needed, but is good to have in place as insurance.

Before I get flamed for my opinion here, I would point out that my comments apply to this setup specifically, and may not be optimal for other configurations.

I'm with you

madman1234509

Reaction score
Haha i didnt look close enough to realize it was the stock vgt. For some reason i was thinking it was the stock atmo. Makes sense Wayne. The vgt does have a fairly large housing when opened all the way. Thats why i asked in my last post what the ar was of the stock atmo. I just cant wait to see how the stocker holds up to the abuse.

Beechperformance

Reaction score
Ok here are the pics I didn't post last night.
After some discussion and more research I do not deal safe making the turbo to turbo charge pipe out of Alumnium like it is. So I will redo it out of stainless tonight.

C54-6F9E8766FDBD-2690-000000E4414229FD_zpsd8c0e3ed.jpg

22F-1714BA26501D-2690-000000E43AF04CE3_zps11bda7d8.jpg

647-CA46DD3E425D-2690-000000E433F703FD_zps1e752caf.jpg

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
They are working for me as well. Beech what are you going to do in the piping where the gap is? Looks like you may be planning a boot right there, but your not worried about blowing that apart at all?

Beechperformance

Reaction score
They are working for me as well. Beech what are you going to do in the piping where the gap is? Looks like you may be planning a boot right there, but your not worried about blowing that apart at all?

Yes I'm running a boot there. No I'm not worried its v-banded at the chargers and the piping will get a bead rolled in the ends.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.