08 f350 wiring subs?

Stroked777

Reaction score
I got some after market subs I'm gunna replace the factory one with. On the factory sub I see the plug that goes in to the sub and I was wondering what wires I need to use to connect to the amp, someone said I could just hook it up and it get an audio signal thru the remote wire

WHY NOT

Reaction score
If you are using the factory head unit I'm pretty sure you will need to use a line out converter.

jdc753

Reaction score
I don't know the pinout but I would imagine if you could get a wiring diagram you could tap into the wires right at the amplifier/subwoofer for the signal and then wire that to a line out converter or the "High level" inputs in the amplifier if they have it.

Maybe someone has access to All-Data and can pull the wiring diagram for you.

Stroked777

Reaction score
I don't know the pinout but I would imagine if you could get a wiring diagram you could tap into the wires right at the amplifier/subwoofer for the signal and then wire that to a line out converter or the "High level" inputs in the amplifier if they have it.

Maybe someone has access to All-Data and can pull the wiring diagram for you.

i got a wiring diagram of the wires, i hooked everything up tonight and there wasnt really any bass at all, got pissed off and ripped some wires out haha, it seemed like it was just putting mid range thru the subs and i waqs tied in with a converter where the stock sub pins and wires were

jdc753

Reaction score
I really have zero experience with the stock system...

Now with that out of the way. It sounds like maybe the filtering is done after that harness, inside the amplifier/sub. Basically you will need to apply a low pass filter on your aftermarket amplifier to cut out those mid range frequencies and only allow the lower frequencies to pass through to the sub.

Another issue you may run into is setting the gain, basically you are starting off with a pretty weak signal. Some line out converters can boost this signal, but you should be able to counter it at the amplifier, just need to be cautions of clipping trying to amplify the weak signal.

Stroked777

Reaction score
I really have zero experience with the stock system...

Now with that out of the way. It sounds like maybe the filtering is done after that harness, inside the amplifier/sub. Basically you will need to apply a low pass filter on your aftermarket amplifier to cut out those mid range frequencies and only allow the lower frequencies to pass through to the sub.

Another issue you may run into is setting the gain, basically you are starting off with a pretty weak signal. Some line out converters can boost this signal, but you should be able to counter it at the amplifier, just need to be cautions of clipping trying to amplify the weak signal.

, there was like 7 wirs going into the stock apm if you wanna call it that and on the other side was only 4 wires with a little heavier gauge to them

Latest posts

Members online