08 mirrors

BigBlue

Reaction score
Well put the ones from 1A on today and I love them. They are so much better than the 99-07 mirrors. The blind spot mirrors are huge and overall, they just look sweet. Install was simple, plug and play, and the quality was up to par as well. Couldn't be happier.
7e7e8a7a.jpg

tagyde2u.jpg
pu2aryby.jpg

Whitezotti

Reaction score
Yea it does look a lot better. My brother painted his like that, but blue . You actually had to paint the mirror it self? Those pieces don't come off right?
And my truck is white with two tone tan. Do you think I should stick with just the top or do the bottoms like you?
I've seen the chrome caps that cover those spots . Could you sand those down and paint those ?

TyCorr

Reaction score
Ive had mine for a year now. Got them from 1a auto, a site sponsor. They were 300 something. Never hooked the heat up but will. They are nice! If you are on the fence, just do it. Its worth it. Even if you just run the manuals with nothing.

johnp115

Reaction score
Ive had mine for a year now. Got them from 1a auto, a site sponsor. They were 300 something. Never hooked the heat up but will. They are nice! If you are on the fence, just do it. Its worth it. Even if you just run the manuals with nothing.

The bottom spot mirror is the bomb

Whitezotti

Reaction score
You wrapped yours? That looks good. I've seen those chrome covers that cover that middle section. I've only found them in chrome. I could paint those. I just would not want to ruin the mirrors. I gotta look into a good wrapper.

I'm just waiting for my truck. It should be early next week I get it back. I also have power fold and power extend I'm going to have to wire in.

rascal

Reaction score
For anyone that has installed the 08+ mirror; did you cut the connector off and hardwire it or were you able to find the male equivalent and keep the detachable connection?

I have a set for my 2000 and I want to install them and keep the detachable connection.

Thanks,

rascal

Reaction score
Awesome truck!

Not the best pic but here is one. I can get what ever angles you want if you want. I put one coat of nite shade on so it wasn't so damn bright of an amber color. just looked out of place.
101_1083-3.jpg

Whitezotti

Reaction score
For anyone that has installed the 08+ mirror; did you cut the connector off and hardwire it or were you able to find the male equivalent and keep the detachable connection?

I have a set for my 2000 and I want to install them and keep the detachable connection.

Thanks,

Im going to try and use the whole 08 door wire harness for mine. I am also doing 08 panels. If the door harness doesn't work i will simply cut and splice new connectors.

Whitezotti

Reaction score

rascal

Reaction score
Im going to try and use the whole 08 door wire harness for mine. I am also doing 08 panels. If the door harness doesn't work i will simply cut and splice new connectors.

I am assuming you got your panels and harness from a salvage yard.

I am starting to think that is going to be my only option for finding the male connector for these 08+ mirrors.

Whitezotti

Reaction score
I bought the front door harness' from ford. And the rear ones I got off ebay from a salvage yard. I purchased the rear ones because I want to hook up the 08 tweeters.

I have just the connector. A extra one. It came with my 08 mirror switch. The guy cut off the plugs and sent it all to me.

You don't have the power fold do you? If not I guess you can switch the pin out in the male connector.

Whitezotti

Reaction score
Yea man I have that one but it's part of my harness that I need. I might have a extra harness I can sell you or take that piece off of. The thing is idk how cheap I can go.

If it was the actual mirror switch harness I would give it to you for free. Just pay shipping . Just the other one is apart of a totally good harness.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.