08 tow mods

JE_6.4

Reaction score
To start off I'm completely new to trucks of this size. Only just moved from England to Texas and have bought an 08 King Ranch cclb 42,000 miles, metallic copper. Great truck and it's like brand new. Only things I have done are bed liner and weather tech mats.

I am sure it has a cracked ***. It hazes if i really get on it or I'm towing. Regularly tow 10-15k lbs. so a turbo back exhaust and tuner are going to have to go on asap as I don't want *** issues.

Question is which route to go for regards to mods. Full dlete and tuner obviously. Intake and exhaust, but does anyone regularly tow with upgraded compounds?
Which is the best to go with?

Not interested in huge power, but if I could get a solid 600hp that was reliable, smoke free as possible and I could tow with id be happy.

From what I have read I was thinking:
Studded
Coolant filter
Oil cooler
No limit intake, cac pipe
Downpipe and 5" exhaust
Tuner of some sort. Who's is the best? Cleanest smoke free custom tunes?

I'm completely new so I have only picked up on what I have read so suggestions and experiences are needed. Thanks

patricku47

Reaction score
A close friend has everything you listed on his CCSB plus Elite 59/71 turbos with Gear Head tunes and he loves it. Tows great, fantastic street manners and is a blast to drive unloaded.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
I have a little more than what you posted.
If your going to pull the cab to do studs, throw a bigger turbos.
Talk with Morgan at Midwest Diesel about them. I have a 59/73 and with GH tunes it runs great. Pulls unbelievable.
Mike at No Limit order all the stuff you mentioned.

sootie

Reaction score
I have a little more than what you posted.
If your going to pull the cab to do studs, throw a bigger turbos.
Talk with Morgan at Midwest Diesel about them. I have a 59/73 and with GH tunes it runs great. Pulls unbelievable.
Mike at No Limit order all the stuff you mentioned.

^^what she said...

Latest posts

Members online