13-16 Spartan tuning

HuntTx777

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback! I would definitely like to hear some input from 13/14 customers but regardless, it's pretty cool to be on here and see how involved y'all are! Just waiting to pull the trigger.

Lasvegas67

Reaction score
13 owner here and very happy with the war hammer tuning in general. Shifting is dead on and firm when you're on the throttle. Daily diving it's soft and responsive. The power is smooth and she's a beast.

A few opportunities for improvement. 13 - 14 still has codes if using the no limit intake. I keep hearing that an update is coming out but still nothing.

The nguage is essentially useless as a monitor for all 13+ years. I know this is hardware that s p artan has no control over but it's frustrating all the same. This is also linked to the lack of tpms and speedo adjustments.

Overall, love the tuning. Truck runs great and shifts perfect. I personally don't get any flair, rev slam, etc. Perfect all the time.

6 inch lift, 5 inch exhaust, 5 inch no limit intake, 37 toyo mt. Happy to answer any questions.

HuntTx777

Reaction score
So you see any issues hauling a bass boat while running your current tune? I regularly tow about three months of the year average trip is about 2-3 hours to the lake. I know there are always variables but what kind of fuel mpg do you average? Deer lease is 6 hour drive for me so I would love to pick up some mileage, my 6.4 really benefited when I stayed out of the throttle.

HuntTx777

Reaction score
at this point is no limit the only CAI that's currently throwing codes, as far as the tpms goes are you having your dash light in constantly? Are you not able to read EGT at all in the N gauge?

Sorry in advance for all the questions and thanks for the help.

JetExpress_6.7

Reaction score
Throwing another question on the pile too, does anyone use the torque pro app as their monitor? I'm surprised to hear it's not more popular than it is. It reads probably 100 more PIDs than a dedicated monitor and is $5...

That being said, those that do use TP with Spar tan tuning and a factory probe in the block offs, you can still read that temperature value correct? I don't see why you couldn't, factory probe in a factory harness connection...

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
13 owner here and very happy with the war hammer tuning in general. Shifting is dead on and firm when you're on the throttle. Daily diving it's soft and responsive. The power is smooth and she's a beast.

A few opportunities for improvement. 13 - 14 still has codes if using the no limit intake. I keep hearing that an update is coming out but still nothing.

The nguage is essentially useless as a monitor for all 13+ years. I know this is hardware that s p artan has no control over but it's frustrating all the same. This is also linked to the lack of tpms and speedo adjustments.

Overall, love the tuning. Truck runs great and shifts perfect. I personally don't get any flair, rev slam, etc. Perfect all the time.

6 inch lift, 5 inch exhaust, 5 inch no limit intake, 37 toyo mt. Happy to answer any questions.

We have 2.0 coming shortly from the 13/14 software. We have it through testing, I just need to find some time to get it compiled and released. It will have further trans enhancements, along with code corrections for the intakes.

Lasvegas67

Reaction score
I tow a 25ft speed boat at about 6k lbs. I only tow on the 40hp tune. I come from the 6.4 world so I still worry about head gaskets and tranny. With the lift unloaded on the 200 tune I see 13.8 average on the lie-o-meter if I'm nice to her. Towing the boat I see about 11-12 on the 40 tune. I hear many guys tow light on the high tunes, but that's personal preference.

Lasvegas67

Reaction score
I'm not sure if other intakes are throwing codes, I don't believe I've heard of any other than no limit. I love the intake, just hate the code. Tpms light is always on. For people like me with ocd it gives me anxiety staring at it! I don't currently monitor egt, but the tuner can with a specific kit. I just haven't gotten around to it until some more parts fall off.

Wera

Reaction score
When running a ****** tune, does the fuel MPG and Distance to Empty measure correctly on the gauges? I know in the 6.4 they did not.

Jeremy @ No Limit

Reaction score
at this point is no limit the only CAI that's currently throwing codes, as far as the tpms goes are you having your dash light in constantly? Are you not able to read EGT at all in the N gauge?

Sorry in advance for all the questions and thanks for the help.

I'm not sure if other intakes are throwing codes, I don't believe I've heard of any other than no limit. I love the intake, just hate the code. Tpms light is always on. For people like me with ocd it gives me anxiety staring at it! I don't currently monitor egt, but the tuner can with a specific kit. I just haven't gotten around to it until some more parts fall off.

Who's tuning are you guys running? *******, GH, etc call all fix the code issue with the stage 2 intake.

Ipkyss

Reaction score
I am also a 13 user. Truck does not get used much but is on the 165 enhanced trans tune. It drives every bit as good as my 15. It would be easier if the tunes for the older trucks were rated the same as the 15+ trucks. Would be easier to compare I guess but no big deal.

FastFord

Reaction score
I know been asked a ton of times so far... N-Dash coming any time soon? I had a first round N-Gauge in my hand and had to send it back as I didn't like the look at all. Miss the N-Dash look of my 6.4. Come on give it to us!!!!! Lol

Lasvegas67

Reaction score
Short answer is no. The 13 definitely holds its own, but the 6.4 was a monster. Less power but way more reliable out of the box. With some monies you can relive the 6.4 days, but have your wallet ready. Unless I was looking to race, I'd take my 6.7 any day.

Latest posts

Members online