15% nozzle stock fuel?

08strokr

Reaction score
so do you guys think i would get the most performance and driveablilty with the 15's and my 366 or step up to a 371? or what other turbo options do you guys recommend?

Dan2427

Reaction score
What should fuel rail pressure be at on H&S hd300 tune? Or any tune what's a bad number to be at or below? Sorry for mini thread jack

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
What should fuel rail pressure be at on H&S hd300 tune? Or any tune what's a bad number to be at or below? Sorry for mini thread jack

I wouldn't waste your time, and just get custom tuning.

Dan2427

Reaction score
I plan on it Greg, still deciding on where to go for custom tunes. I was just asking to see if my HPFP is still ok. Didn't know it was in the tuning sorry. Still new to custom tunes

johnp115

Reaction score
I plan on it Greg, still deciding on where to go for custom tunes. I was just asking to see if my HPFP is still ok. Didn't know it was in the tuning sorry. Still new to custom tunes

Well the custom tuning will be just pulling back the pw in order to try and maintain 24-25k. Really IMO if you can't run a race sized pw with 24/25k rp then nozzles aren't worth it, there's other ways to get the power you're looking for without compromising the already questioned reliability of the stock pump, and pw for rp

Dan2427

Reaction score
Sorry for the misunderstanding I am NOT interested in upgrading any part of my fuel system til the truck is closer to paid off lol. I'm just trying to get the best mileage possible and reliability. I just wanna turn the tune down if I can't keep rail pressure up due to a weak or failing pump. So I was curious so I can check next time! Thanks

B585Ford

Reaction score
Sorry for the misunderstanding I am NOT interested in upgrading any part of my fuel system til the truck is closer to paid off lol. I'm just trying to get the best mileage possible and reliability. I just wanna turn the tune down if I can't keep rail pressure up due to a weak or failing pump. So I was curious so I can check next time! Thanks

On Performance if you can maintain 24-25k at WOT your HPFP is probably pretty healthy.

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
yea im just trying to make high 6's or 7...i mean if i could do that on a 371 and maintain rail pressure that would be what im looking for, I just didnt know if i could do that on stock injectors. currently i have 94k on the truck and prob 50k on the injection pump and around 1k on the airdog.

My friend Andrew's truck (buck russell on here) has stock hpfp and just a fass with 30s and a 466. Truck made very high 600s. Pretty sure he holds rail pressure decently, but would have to ask him. Either way the truck runs great and is a blast to drive. He is upgrading to dual pumps soon and more fuel but its always ran well with the stock pump.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
His truck has custom tuning to maintain.

Custom tuning is going to benefit the OP too. I personally like the idea of running a larger nozzle and tuning around it rather than trying to max a smaller one out. Obviously a 15% nozzle would be considered "larger" for a stock pump, so that applies here.

08strokr

Reaction score
Yea im.running matt at gear heads tunes. ...so do you think I could run a 30% and tune down or you think a 15 is better?

08strokr

Reaction score
If it can be tuned correctly I'm all about going 30's but if it's going to destroy my stock pump I don't won't to go that big

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
15% are the max i would go on a stock pump

Hellen Keller sent this?

B585Ford

Reaction score
Do you ever think that when they installed the 30% nozzles and they had gains down low it was because they had the extra fuel, and we're maintaining the desired pulse width down low, then up top lost some power because they weren't maintaining the higher pulse width and the higher rpm/injection per minute rate.. I don't doubt that there may be gains down low, but it's not that there aren't gains up top, it's that the truck isn't running right (by not maintaining rail pressure)so it isn't making the power it could be for the amount of fuel the tips are capable of. But it's been proven over and over that these pumps barely maintain a race tune on stock injector tips. I just think putting any nozzle on with a single stock pump will promote premature failure of the pump. Might as well get the right pump set up, put bigger nozzles on, and dial it down. I'm totally for that. I have a street truck and 100% nozzles. I absolutely will never use the fuel 100% nozzles will supply so my tunes are backed down, and are still being backed down to where I'll be satisfied with pretty clean power. But I have lower pulse widths with better atomization because the fuel is probably staying in the bowl, and I maintain rail pressure.

Yea im.running matt at gear heads tunes. ...so do you think I could run a 30% and tune down or you think a 15 is better?

I asked that very question to Matt before my truck went under the knife and at that time, he recommended just going with 15%. That was 6 months ago and tuning continues to evolve so maybe his opinion has changed, but in December, he said 15% so that is what I went with.

Reaction score
Meh, stock nozzles at 2.35, 15% at 2.1 or 30% at 1.8..... As long as it's tuned correctly for the nozzles to maintain FULL commanded rail at wot your not going to loose any power. If you can maintain full desired rail, and use all cc's of fuel the pump can deliver with less pw, it will have positive effects.

The problem is that no one actually spends the time and live tunes these to get the desired result for their individual pump/truck.

Latest posts

Members online