17* in 95

Jaredkeller96

Reaction score
We'll I put a 17* in my 95 and it still takes a good 20 seconds to start if it does at all, think I need a new lpop?? I know the 95 don't have the drain on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jaredkeller96

Reaction score
I've read of people still running non modded 17s in them. Just takes a little longer to start, I'll prolly do injector o-rings here soon also

Diesel23

Reaction score
95s have a different front cover then the rest. It needs to be made for a 95 to take care of the long crank issue

good info ,the cover was the same on the 94 and 95 correct ? and up to what year was the cut off month that they changed it ? I own a 96 but its a late 95 build date

Jaredkeller96

Reaction score
The motor came out of a 96, a lot of things look to be 95, like my fuel bowl restriction sensor at the bottom of the FB, my PCM and idm are 96 tho. And my dash,

d7es3l

Reaction score
I think if you check the door jam, anything past 08/95 are considered 96 and have the 17° compatible front cover. Don't quote me on that!

mandkole

Reaction score
is it a hard start everytime or just when its sat over night? as was said, verify that your pump matches your vintage of cover.

Jaredkeller96

Reaction score
Hard starting when it sits for a while, it was a stock 17* and just bolted it right Up, does good when it's still warm. I'm wondering if my 295k motor needs an lpop and inj orings

Jaredkeller96

Reaction score
Also thinking. It still has a lot of air in the hpo system. As it hasn't really ran long since the new pump, I asked Joey if he had a 95 housing to swap my guts into as I did 50$ and my core for the pump, I'd rather change the housing than do a front cover swap lol.

Latest posts

Members online