17 Inch Wheel Help - Thanks!

lokent

Reaction score
I just purchased a 2013 F350 6.7 SRW Crew Short Bed 4x4. I am installing a Carli Backcountry 4.5" Lift with full progressive rear springs. Carli is recommending a 17"-18" Wheel, no more than 9" wide with 5" of Backspacing for this suspension. For the tire, I am going with the Toyo Open Country R/T in 35x12.5 in either 17 or 18 depending on the wheel.

I am having difficulty with wheel selection. When I spoke to Carli they indicated that the 17 will have a more plush ride relative to the 18 due to the additional inch of sidewall. However, it seems like the trend is larger diameter wheels and it is difficult to get a recommendation for a 17 inch wheel.

I don't think a black wheel will go well with my truck. I prefer a simple/classic looking wheel that isn't flashy. I found a Mickey Thompson Classic III in 17x9 with 5" backspacing that looks fine to me. However, the Classic III seems to have mixed reviews and I have also read that the center caps don't fit the rear axle.

So, does anyone have any recommendations on a durable, simple, not flashy 17x9 wheel that will fit my truck?

I have searched and read for hours and it seems like most of the information is concerning 18, 20 or larger wheels and there is very little on 17. This makes me think that 17 inch wheels may be a mistake for my truck. Are there issues with 17 inch wheels that I am overlooking?

Thanks greatly!

Clean-15

Reaction score
Check out centerline. I think they have some choices that you might like. Classic styling, 17 inch diameter, good quality etc. also raceline and method have some stuff you might like.

2015 CCSB Lariat
Carli Pintop Leveling kit w/ full springs, 37in Yokohama Geolander AT/S's on 18x9 Fuel Trophy's, AMP boards and bedstep, 3M chip on front end and rockers.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Clean-15

Reaction score
Be sure to call and check brake caliper clearance before ordering a 17. Make sure they know you have a 2013 as the brakes are bigger on 13 and newer.

2015 CCSB Lariat
Carli Pintop Leveling kit w/ full springs, 37in Yokohama Geolander AT/S's on 18x9 Fuel Trophy's, AMP boards and bedstep, 3M chip on front end and rockers.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online