175/30 or 175/75 injectors?

chowy12

Reaction score
not looking to go too crazy on my truck. just want a lil more fun out of it. any suggestions??

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
The 30% is certainly popular, especially for those that love to tow and not care about smoke.

The 75% is also one heck of a nozzle though, if built correctly a 175 or 190cc injector with a 75% is also a very fun injectors with great manners.

chowy12

Reaction score
The 30% is certainly popular, especially for those that love to tow and not care about smoke.

The 75% is also one heck of a nozzle though, if built correctly a 175 or 190cc injector with a 75% is also a very fun injectors with great manners.

im thinking the 30% I tow my boat and love rollin coal

chowy12

Reaction score
so ive been reading on the 175cc and 190cc injectors.. seems like 175 is more towards towing and 190 is for performance.. what is the difference exactly.. I don't tow anything heavy.

Agjake11

Reaction score
The 175/75 is a good all around injector but problem with them or the 190's is finding the right turbo to compliment. The powermax works but has much room for improvement.

Mdub707

Reaction score
155/30 if you're towing all the time and only have a powermax. Not sure how heavy your boat is...

onebadcoastie

Reaction score
I have 175/75's and my turbo cleans them up very well and that was with a factory manifold. For what's it worth, the cost for the upgraded nozzle is generally going to be the same whether you go 30% or 70%. You could opt for a Barder Stage 2, a set of 175/75's and have a fun performance truck and get a nice tow tune by a reputable writer and still have a functioning tow vehicle. If you really want to move some air and are up for a few extra dollars to spend, invest in a ported manifold and that will aid in keeping the egt's in check but again, good tuning will help as well.

dieseljosh07

Reaction score
175/75's and a MTW stage 2 is a good combination. I have a customer with 175/100's and a stage 2 with great results also.

onebadcoastie

Reaction score
Good point about the manifold we also have those in stock and on special currently.

Are your manifolds completely ported or just the bolt runners removed?

175/75's and a MTW stage 2 is a good combination. I have a customer with 175/100's and a stage 2 with great results also.

Right now MTW cancelled the Hybrid but doesn't have the Stage 2 as an available option do to component acquisition. I think the MTW MadMaxx or a Stage 1 is an excellent option. I originally paid for a Stage 1 with my setup but wound up with the Hybrid. Either of those turbos would be great but Barder has good stuff as well.

04stroker

Reaction score
Are your manifolds completely ported or just the bolt runners removed?

Right now MTW cancelled the Hybrid but doesn't have the Stage 2 as an available option do to component acquisition. I think the MTW MadMaxx or a Stage 1 is an excellent option. I originally paid for a Stage 1 with my setup but wound up with the Hybrid. Either of those turbos would be great but Barder has good stuff as well.

We remove material all the way down both sides and reinforce them and complete with removable tops.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Shack you should check out the Holder intake manifolds, they're pretty BA. There's pics in their vendor forum.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.