190/100 Fuel System

White Stallion

Reaction score
Well I've read countless threads now but can't seem to find any that are consistent or answer my question. I'm installing 190/100 injectors in a few weeks. Currently I have a stock fuel system with blue spring upgrade. The currently fuel system hold good pressure on my higher tunes but I read FP at the test port so it in front of the injectors. What I would like to do is install an RR and a sump and see what happens with the stock pump. I would also like to start reading pressure after the injectors also but havent found anything on how guys are doing this. If that doesn't do well then install a 6.4 pump to help the 6.0 out a little. Will this work at all or should I not waste my time. I'm not against spending the money but I'm not a fan of air dog or fass failures. I also like the fact that all the parts will be available at locally. I've heard a few good things on the 6.7 pump but haven't seen any write ups yet.

05wh250

Reaction score
There will be a port on the regulator for the RR that you can get the pressure reading from.

If I had to do it again I would use a 6.7 pump if the stocker don't work out, just for simplicity reasons.

White Stallion

Reaction score
I might have to try a 6.7 pump. It can't be to bad. I did my own stud job so I'm sure I can figure that out.

what a mess

Reaction score
i agree with the 6.7 pump also i have a fuel lab and its taken a **** on me 3 times in 2 years just went out for its 3rd time and everytime i send it in it takes awhile to get back first time was over 5 months second time was like 2 months im over the fuel lab

mind if I smoke

Reaction score
We played with the psi on the dyno and 70 gave us good results. I haven't gotten any knock yet but in time it might start. Right now I'm running a fuel sump to an inline prefilter to an old Air Dog that I had lying around with a block off plate removing the pump itself(I'm using it for the filter and seperator) to the A1000 to the heads to the regulator and off from there. Obviously I made my system. If I was going to by one I definitely would go for the Driven kit. This setup works great on my 180/75 but I am in the process of ordering some 220/100 from MPD so we will see how it does with some bigger sticks.

andrewsteelerford05

Reaction score
We played with the psi on the dyno and 70 gave us good results. I haven't gotten any knock yet but in time it might start. Right now I'm running a fuel sump to an inline prefilter to an old Air Dog that I had lying around with a block off plate removing the pump itself(I'm using it for the filter and seperator) to the A1000 to the heads to the regulator and off from there. Obviously I made my system. If I was going to by one I definitely would go for the Driven kit. This setup works great on my 180/75 but I am in the process of ordering some 220/100 from MPD so we will see how it does with some bigger sticks.

Glad you had good results on the dyno. I would just keep an eye on not only for fuel knocking but also lifting the injectors. Nice set up i made my own fuel system as well and I made it a lot cheaper then what i could buy it for. Mine is different as well. Mine is sump water/fuel separater, a1000, filter, regulator, then I have fuel lines to the first and the back of the heads, so it feeds the front and back of the heads at the same time and fuel pressure set at 55 psi idles smooth.

Merc82

Reaction score
I have had a 6.4 pump feeding my stock 6.0 unit for a while now, since I added my 190/30s it will hold for DD, but at hard acceleration I have noticed a pressure drop of at least 30 psi... this is with the regulator set at 60 psi.

Merc82

Reaction score
I am...currently looking to do a Fuelab 41401 or the 6.7 pump. Already have the sump and R/R.

78f100

Reaction score
I have never heard of a 6.4 pump feeding a stock 6.0 pump ( I can't see how it would help much, the 6.4 pump is very low pressure). It may help keep a little more fuel to the 6.0 pump but I don't think feeding the fuel to the pump is the problem. I have heard of several having good luck with the 6.7 pumps though.

04cr450

Reaction score
^ u need to get with the 90's the lol j/k... I have a 6.4 pump feeding my stock hfcm for over a year now running 175/75's and fuel psi stays at 60psi all the time wot etc. It's a way better alternative than the air dog crap. If one of my pumps go bad I can easily go to a ford dealer in a pinch and have my truck up and running again.

Last edited:

White Stallion

Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys. I believe it's going to be the 6.7 pump if it needs it. (I believe it will) My injectors will be here in a week or so and I bought a Driven Diesel RR from a member on here. I also bought a Bean sump to help with the delivery. Now just gotta wait for stuff to arrive and get it installed. I'm really interested in getting the fuel pressure reading after the injectors with the RR.

78f100

Reaction score
^ u need to get with the 90's the lol j/k... I have a 6.4 pump feeding my stock hfcm for over a year now running 175/75's and fuel psi stays at 60psi all the time wot etc. It's a way better alternative than the air dog crap. If one of my pumps go bad I can easily go to a ford dealer in a pinch and have my truck up and running again.

Lol. Seriously I never heard of it. What was the stock pump holding before you added the 6.4 pump?

White Stallion

Reaction score
How do you guys attach the 1/2" fuel line from the sump to your 3/8" fitting on the 6.0 pump. I have been looking for a duckbill connector but can't find anything that reduces from 1/2" to 3/8"

Latest posts

Members online