1A Auto Parts 08 Style Tow Mirrors -- Review and Installation (pic heavy)

JMart

Reaction score
Truck is badass.

I wonder how hard it would be to upgrade to power folding mirrors?

Lang

Reaction score
Thanks for the great write up! Do 99-04 have to trim some plastic? Thought I read that somewhere

TyCorr

Reaction score
Thanks for the great write up! Do 99-04 have to trim some plastic? Thought I read that somewhere

No. I posted in your thread. Seriously, swap them out, plug them in, and go. Unless you want increased functionality over just the moveable glass.

sootie

Reaction score
Thanks man! The mirrors were less than $400 for the pair.....somewhere between $350 and $450 (can't remember exactly). Painting the mirror caps and tinting the marker covers was another $60. And this is a mod that's well worth the money and time!

can you give some info on how your lights were tinted? they looks awesome.

Snake

Reaction score
can you give some info on how your lights were tinted? they looks awesome.

Thanks! Several light coats of black auto paint until the desired tint level was obtained. Then a few coats of clear auto paint followed by a little wet sanding.

sootie

Reaction score
Thanks! Several light coats of black auto paint until the desired tint level was obtained. Then a few coats of clear auto paint followed by a little wet sanding.

Good Info-i just realized the light started out as clear and i dont think i can buy them separately :(

UpstateDieselGuy

Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting back into an older Super Duty, and after having an '11 with newer mirrors, they would be a must. I liked the power folding feature which allowed me to back into my garage like nothing.

Chris

Lang

Reaction score
Like to add:
MUCH easier to do with window up and door panel off. When you run plug back through your door you can put your arm in and grab it.

Snake

Reaction score
Good point! I tied some fishing line to the mirror connector when I removed the old mirrors. Then used it to pull the new connector through the door panel.

Snake

Reaction score
It always pisses me off when I'm half-way into an install and the directions miss something important. I just tried to keep everyone like me from getting pissed off. LOL LOL

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
Snake,
Excellent write up! :toast:

I told my business partner about these mirrors since he was looking to get a set. The skeptic that he is, he FINALLY bought them under the agreement that I would buy them from him if he were disappointed. End result, I did not get my mirros!!!! DAMN! He was VERY impressed with the quality and sturdiness of them. Here is some pictures of them on his KR F-250.

5AE25362-D255-4DAE-B8B2-92BBD8BEA0CB.jpg

71D61BDD-E82E-4A33-AB45-876957244536.jpg

These mirrors are a STEAL! excellent product!

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
Oh, a post thought! Buy them while they're cheap, KoolView upped their prices on their 08+ mirrors not too long ago to about $350 EACH! and they are not even pre-wired to fit our trucks like these 1A's are...

1ATony

Reaction score
Just wanted to thank everyone for checking us out, it's appreciated.

Tony

Snake

Reaction score
I'm still really happy with these, and definitely recommend 1A Auto for anyone looking for 08 style mirrors. The only thing I can add to this write up is to encourage folks to check the fit of the mirror caps. Mine weren't as snug as I'd like so I used some Loctite Flexible Adhesive to keep them in place. It's like high grade rubber cement -- don't go overboard with it and you can still get the caps off if needed.

IMG_0833_zpsb838a8ce.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.