2 Piece Mirrors

BFinMO

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm there are two piece textured black towing mirrors?

It seems the general opinion is that if you got an all black mirror, they are one piece. But, I looked on one and could see the same two tabs at the top behind the glass, as mine have behind the chrome.

I'm looking to delete the chrome and want to know if the only option is PTM.

TIA

tshoey33

Reaction score
Im pretty sure they are all 2 piece, as in the chrome comes off and you just put black ones on. I took my chrome ones off and painted them to match my 2-tone. So I'd assume the black ones are 2 piece also.

BFinMO

Reaction score
Im pretty sure they are all 2 piece, as in the chrome comes off and you just put black ones on. I took my chrome ones off and painted them to match my 2-tone. So I'd assume the black ones are 2 piece also.

Thanks. I have removed the chrome piece, it is a relatively easy process. I was going to plasti-dip them, but decided that would not be as finished a look as I was after.

Did you paint the chrome, or buy the primed version?

BFinMO

Reaction score
IIRC, and again this may be wrong, the chrome mirror caps do come off but the black mirrors are all 1 piece.

This seems to be most peoples opinion, but the clips that hold my chrome on were exactly the same as the setup on another truck I was looking at.

tshoey33

Reaction score
I actually plasti dipped mine as well right on top of the chrome.

Attachments

• 20131109_192841.jpg
    20131109_192841.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 57
  • 20131110_133512.jpg
    20131110_133512.jpg
    894.2 KB · Views: 58

co04cobra

Reaction score
The black textured ones "look" like they have the tabs to get them off. However, it is all one piece. All the OEM mirrors I have tried this on have been one piece with textured cap.

The tabs are actually helping hold on the cover as a whole instead of just the cap.

tshoey33

Reaction score
I think they came out great being plasti-dipped. It was the first time doing it and it is really easy. Just gotta make sure the surface is real clean and do 4-5 light coats and it should come out great. Its been holding up to the heavy road salt in PA too. Pressure washer doesnt even try to take it off.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.