2000 7.3 No start - some diagnostics done

Reaction score
Didn't read the whole thread, can you check icp and ipr DC while cranking? You can also get a mechanical gauge and attach it to the head.

20007.3stroker

Reaction score
I had a similar issue when with mine recently. same symptoms.. Cranking i could see no oil leaking out of injectors. I gave it a sniff of drugs to get it started with VC off and then saw the oil leaking out from around an injector.. Alot of oil. I would say get it started and check injectors for leaks.. mine was very obvious.. make sure you put down diapers under the truck before hand...

Did the same to verify that there was no leaks on the drivers side head. Thats part of the reason I chose that head to hook both lines to. I checked it cranking and running, no oil coming from around injectors or excess oil coming out of the injector itself. I could actually see the break between firings.

Didn't read the whole thread, can you check icp and ipr DC while cranking? You can also get a mechanical gauge and attach it to the head.

I havent been able to since I brought the truck home, but previously it was maxing out the ipr and only building to about 75 psi. At the same time I gave it a shot of drugs and got it fired and holding it at about 1000rpms so it wouldnt die it was making just over 500psi at 22% duty cycle

Right now it has both lines on the drivers head that I can not see any leaks on. Im not having any mixing of fluids. I still cant build enough for it to fire that bank with out a shot. You would think with a leak on that bank that if it was gonna show it would with both lines attached

Reaction score
I would pull out a injector or two of that head and see what the o rings look like.

Have you tried hooking up one or both lines to the other head and seeing if she will fire off?

20007.3stroker

Reaction score
Bringing this back from the dead. Besides being busy with work, I just haven't had time to mess with it till now. Decided to buy myself my own scan tool for home and work and went with a Matco Maxme. It can pull pretty much the same data that more expensive scanners and do buzz and contribution tests.

So onto where I'm at right now. Fired up the drug way and started to do some inspecting again and happened to notice that it seemed like there was extra oil coming out of #8 injector area, so on a whim I went and replaced the orings on that injector. Had to fire the same way, but it can maintain an idle by itself without being in high idle tune. And its building starting ICP to over 100psi, so its on the way up. Pretty sure I'm heading in the right direction and need to replace the prints.

I've got screen shots of the ICP and IPR data, just need to get it uploaded. It won't let me attach it via my Maxme, which is android tablet based, so it can be used for so much more than just a scan tool!!

Latest posts

Members online