2000 Excusion-650 HP Reliable Tow/Daily/Drag Build

Cody

Reaction score
I didn't see it listed unless I missed it.. Curious what's in it for a cam?

TyCorr

Reaction score
Can you show us the dash and steering wheel? I know its irrelevant to the thread but i would like to see something.

I like that red on the block and heads. I did silver and black and its nice but its.gonna be a mother to keep nice.

BDP Sales

Reaction score
I didn't see it listed unless I missed it.. Curious what's in it for a cam?

Stock cam.

Can you show us the dash and steering wheel? I know its irrelevant to the thread but i would like to see something.

I like that red on the block and heads. I did silver and black and its nice but its.gonna be a mother to keep nice.

I'll get a pic of it for you in the next few days.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Did you ever.get a minute to.take a picture of the dash and seats?

Thanks!

BDP Sales

Reaction score
It is running and driving around now on the base tune. Still have some odds and ends like go through the entire brake system to complete, and then it's straight to the dyno sometime next week.
I haven't forgot about this thread, just nothing too fun quite yet to update you guys on..............but it's coming!!!

ghohouston

Reaction score
Engine is in the truck, but we are down to 1 mechanic for the next week due to vacations etc so this will progress a little slower than we would like. Once everything is buttoned up i will get some more pictures and maybe a video or 2 for you guys.

Also have a pretty badass Ford Bronco that we are putting a BTS E4OD in w/ a 850hp 6.7L cummins, atlas transfer case etc but you all probably wouldn't be interested in that build LOL:ford:

Ahhhhhem, yes please post everything about this bronco. You should make another build thread

alradco

Reaction score
Really interested in the results. Would something like this combo make for a good tow vehicle truck or is it overkill? Great job.

BDP Sales

Reaction score
Really interested in the results. Would something like this combo make for a good tow vehicle truck or is it overkill? Great job.

Yup! That is what this excursions job is 90% of the time, to haul the owners drag car to the track. He also wanted to be able to unhook it from the trailer and make some decent passes in this 9000+ lb beast when he's feeling froggy

BDP Sales

Reaction score
Yup! That is what this excursions job is 90% of the time, to haul the owners drag car to the track. He also wanted to be able to unhook it from the trailer and make some decent passes in this 9000+ lb beast when he's feeling froggy

I should also ad that Matt @ Full Force has a setup that is pretty similar (but with a little bit bigger injector) and he has ran 7.53 in the 1/8th and tows with his quite often. i don't expect this excursion to come anywhere near those kinds of times at the track, but it will be a fun ride regardless.

ghohouston

Reaction score

What are you trying to figure out? Colors or structure? The excursion dashes are pretty much like the trucks. The instrument bezels are different and they all had the 02-04 digital clusters. My mom had an 05 ex, yet it had the older cluster, im not really sure why they never installed the 05-07 truck clusters in them. The steering wheels are the same too. Damn thing had leaf springs too, yet another thing I didnt understand, seeing as they ditched them on the trucks after 04...

imelmo

Reaction score
I've been thinking about picking up an Excursion with some moderate upgrades for a daily driver/tow vehicle. Curious to see how it turns out.

TyCorr

Reaction score
What are you trying to figure out? Colors or structure? The excursion dashes are pretty much like the trucks. The instrument bezels are different and they all had the 02-04 digital clusters. My mom had an 05 ex, yet it had the older cluster, im not really sure why they never installed the 05-07 truck clusters in them. The steering wheels are the same too. Damn thing had leaf springs too, yet another thing I didnt understand, seeing as they ditched them on the trucks after 04...

Im redoing the interior in my truck and I want to see the instrument cluster and dash bezel. Thats why I asked to see precisely that. I know what the gauges look like.

My truck is all medium parchment and has dark parchment accents(tan and a putty color for accents). Im wanting to do black leather with tan inserts. Dye some pieces black and add a black leather wrapped steering wheel with the same medium burl as the doors already have. I want to order excursion seat covers because I hate the rounded insert in the truck seats. These seats are exactly how I want mine, the console is black with tye wood piece like mine will be. Just by coincidence this interior is exactly how I want mine thats why im excited for more pics. Hope that clears things up.

My truck is 265ish k miles and I just want to make it nicer than new and then enjoy it vs buying a new one.

ghohouston

Reaction score
I understand. When I had my 7.3, it was a damn xl. I found some excursion front seats and center console with the fake woodgrain. I loved it! You cant beat heated leather seats in winter time. It always felt good to sit in a warm seat on the drive home from work in winter time. Mine looked like **** though, because I had tan seats and console with grey everything else, but it was much nicer looking and functional than a vinyl bench seat lol. Ill find a picture

TyCorr

Reaction score
Yea, Im not sure if the excursion leather covers will fit the superduty seats. I could order new foam for an excursion I suppose. My lariat is NOT heated but I may add that too.

Jason

Reaction score
Man, if kids weren't part of the picture....buckets front and rear! '08 consoles front and rear as well..king ranch style, but with a sportier take...brushed aluminum or carbon fiber in place of all the wpod grain...would be the ticket if I was doing a cc interior. Then take the console and hard wire in headphones, so two kids can watch movies on the individual screens mounted swing down style in front of them.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Yea, I had those when the truck was new. Put the bench in four or five years ago.

It was a badazz setup! No doubt. 95% of the time I could get by with four chairs but oh well.

The metal sounds cool but a little too hard, texture wise, for me. Im a woodworker and carpenter so the wood seems natural to me. Ive never disliked the.medium burl. Just putting it next to.black really changes it.

Id have to see some brushed aluminum to change my mind. Maybe in between those would be a grey/black walnut motif...

Latest posts

Members online