2000 f250- fuel or injector issue?

N.O.V.

Reaction score
Just bought this baby last night. Starts right up without issue. After it idles for a few seconds it starts sounding rough.. like an intermittent miss. The owner said he thought it needed an injector. It doesn't appear to starve for power, and gets on down the road. But it'll everyone so often cough or choke, like it isn't getting fuel. Any thoughts? I'm going to change the fuel filter and run some diesel911 through it tonight.

N.O.V.

Reaction score
Changed the fuel filter and threw some diesel kleen in there last night. Seems to have solved the problem, or at least temporarily.

2000wa250

Reaction score
Miles on the truck?

Just incase the fuel filter didn't do the trick, it could be something with the icp system. Used to think the little stumble on mine was just a side.effect of the larger nozzles. On an unrelated issue I put a brand new IPR in, and the stumble is now gone. Just my $0.02

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Glad you got it figured out. With that many miles, it could have very well been an injector issue, if they are original.

N.O.V.

Reaction score
It's doing it again lol, I'm thinking there's trash in the tank maybe?

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
Could be algae in the tank if the truck sat for an extended period of time.
Pull the filter and see what's up.

DHFF

Reaction score
I'd just get it on a scanner and see how healthy the HPO system and the injectors are. I'd lean more to that than anything in the tank, that's what the filter is for......

Latest posts

Members online