2000 ford 7.3

overstroked

Reaction score
i got a 2000 7.3 when you start it up it adles fine but a half mile into the drive the the rpms drop and come rite back up but keeps doing it like its cutting off but starting rite back up it jerks thetruck like crazy put a idm on it and cam sensor still doing doing it if anone have any idea please let me know thanks

bad12jr

Reaction score
Fuel pump, fuel filter, loose uvch, ipr wire, old oil, low oil, burnt uvch, bad injector o rings. I can keep going but check all your fluids and connection's and grounds first.

Sent from my x2 somewhere

TARM

Reaction score
I would recommend you pcik up or find someone that will loan you their
Auto Enginuity scanner software. If you plan to work on your truck yourself at all this IMO is mandatory so take the hit now and buy it. For the cost of that IDM you could have had this.

Without seeing what if any codes you have it would be wild guessing as to what is going on.

If could be HPOP oil related or fuel related or electrical or a combo of both. But one thing for sure stop just throwing parts at it without knowing it will save you money and time.

If you have time waiting for a scanner you could ohm out the wiring harness between the IDM and UVCH terminations as that will take care of the entire harness between the two points.

Here is how http://www.gbreman.com/techbulletin_103.html

My bet is thats not the issue though. I think HPOP or fuel systems or their accompanying electronic side is likely the issue

Drain your fuel bowl and check/replace the filter

overstroked

Reaction score
hey guys thanks for the help i got it fixed the cam sensor wires had a bare spot in them and was touching each other.

Arisley

Reaction score
That will also do it. Good find. Still, look at the Auto Eginuity software that Tarm was talking about. It will pay for itself in almost no time. Mine has been used more on my wifes Lincoln than it has on my truck, it has paid for itself 50 times over.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.