2004.5 HPOP branch tube

Snoop

Reaction score
STC fitting on the branch tube broke and got bent backwards towards the rear case. Is it possible to replace this without pulling the heads? Just drop the trans and rear cover, take down to the heads and access the tube on each side?

Last edited:

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
If the actual branch isn't broken, you can pry it back to place while threading in bolts on new fitting.

It's unclear if you mean the fitting broke and bent branch or broke it

Snoop

Reaction score
The branch tube is pushed back a little and touching the rear cover. I think I can pry it back into place. Can I replace the STC fitting only on the branch tube?

04cr450

Reaction score
you can get the whole j tube from ford(goes from branch tube to hpop). i replaced mine when i did the hpop for safety. i forgot the part number though pardon my ignorance. i ll see if i can find it.

Snoop

Reaction score
That j tube looks to be ok. The part that looks damaged is the branch tube where it meets the j tube. Let me get you guys a picture....

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Yea just install new one piece fitting into pump, set pump in with new O rings and then pry branch up to meet the fitting. I've done it a million times

Snoop

Reaction score
Pic

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    514.7 KB · Views: 60

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Oh that's right, the hybrid....

Man I've never had one blow out like that.. It would still be worth a chance to pry it back up.. Just don't pry too hard against the rear cover

Snoop

Reaction score
That broken piece you see in the pictures is indeed part of the branch tube unfortunately. Will have to drop the trans to get the rear cover off to install a new branch tube :(

Latest posts

Members online