2004 High Delta's

03_PSD

Reaction score
Picked up my truck last week. Runs great, fires right up every time. Bought Scangauge II yesterday to keep an eye on temps and other things. This morning outside temp was 65* and ECT was 186* and EOT was 216*. I'm assuming this would be a clogged oil cooler, or is there a T-stat problem?

2004 F250 112K miles. 4" lift w/35's other than that completely stock. It was a one owner truck and the owner had everything done at stealership including oil changes.

Any help would be great!

G Racing

Reaction score
You probably have a plugged oil cooler. A thermostat will affect the coolant temp as well. You could also have a bad oil temp sensor.

Derkperk

Reaction score
After a day of cool down, compare the ECT and EOT temp readings. If they are the same, sensors are good.
Before checking your TD, be sure the truck is good and warmed up and you are driving easy, flat road at 60mph.

03_PSD

Reaction score
I'll do that this afternoon.

I'm planning on coolant flush (seen a pretty in-depth procedure on here) and oil change. Might do oil change this weekend and see if that helps any. Dealer said they preformed oil change, but you never know.

03_PSD

Reaction score
Another question, I know this needs to be corrected ASAP but how long can I drive with my deltas being this far off? What will happen?

03_PSD

Reaction score
Drove home from work ect 206 eot 229. Definitely not good. What's max 250?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

yeehaw

Reaction score
I have never had a 6.0 that wouldn't hit 216-220 EOT on the freeway, hotter than that and the oil cooler is plugging up. Usually past 230 it will start puking (don't ask me how I know:doh:)

03_PSD

Reaction score
Paid attention to the temps this morning and after 30 miles of driving, EWT never got above 169. EOT was 189. I'm thinking I have a stuck t-stat???

Fordguy100

Reaction score
The risk of a clogged oil cooler is blowing the EGR cooler. Then you get coolant into the intake, and pop goes the headgaskets. Mine had a 20* delta, and popped the EGR cooler, parked it that day until I could EGR delete it.

03_PSD

Reaction score
I'm taking it to a shop here in town this week. Trucks got a warranty so hopefully it's just a one bill detectable.

03_PSD

Reaction score
Out side temps are upper 60's in the mornings and been hotter than 90 in the afternoons. All driving has been on the freeway if that matters running 65 mph.

03_PSD

Reaction score
Found out today the warranty isn't worth the paper it was written on. Good thing I didn't pay for it.
So now the plan is to flush...flush...flush..elc then new cooler.

03_PSD

Reaction score
Update:

Got all parts for oil cooler (New Ford OEM cooler) waiting on Delta Kit, coolant filter kit and time to get this done.

I did VC9 flush (couldn't find Restore so I didn't do that) and a lot of crap came out. Back flushed everything, heater, oil cooler (for around an hour) and radiator and removed block plugs every flush. Temps seem to be in check now. I know oil cooler is still clogged, but after flushing several times and 100's gallons of water and 24 gallons of distilled water, my temps are barley 15* now. ELC is much easier to see in degas bottle too.

Latest posts

Members online