2005 f550 no start

IHPowerstroke7.3

Reaction score
Originally this truck started out as a no start, wouldn't build more than 250 psi ICP. Air tested, diagnosed as the STC fitting leaking. Replaced fitting with the updated fitting. Re assembled, had the truck running for 20 minutes and it stalled like the key was shut off. It now will fire momentarily when it builds ICP but as soon as it starts it stalls, only will run for a second. Found out the previous guy working on the truck had p0341 cam circuit code, replaced the sensor and cleaned the rust off the block (effecting air gap) and still no start and they brought it to me. Yay.

Anyways, I have sufficient ICP pressure. Unplug ICP and it does the same thing, starts and stalls. SYNC and FICM Sync show yes, Fuel pressure is 45 psi (little low but truck was running). I re air tested the system to check, don't hear any leaks with it cold (can't run it long enough to get hot). I scoped the Crank Cam circuits off the PCM connector, checked timing and it is correct. However my CAM signal is on the weak side, voltage is 1/4 of what it should be but it is not noisy. Load tested circuits with a bulb from cam sensor to PCM, all good. Load tested the CMP output circuit from PCM to FICM, its okay. Pin fit is good at all spots. What bugs me is when I watch CMP_Fault pid it always says no fault even with the sensor unplugged or the PCM unplugged. Also I have 3 volts on both wires from the pcm to the cam sensor. Checked output right at the PCM itself, Have the same 3 volts right on the pcm pin itself. Seems to me its shorted internally in the PCM. Unable to get a used one and don't want to throw a $1500 pcm at it when it ran before this happened. Only code I'm getting is a P2614 (from cranking without starting)

Anyone got any ideas? I'm stumped.

redneck101

Reaction score
Don't want to be captain obvious, but in my experience, typically a no code situation has been the result of a fuel or hpop issue. But one thing to remember is diagnosing a truck after someone else has, just throw out the window anything they have done because obviously it didn't work. Free bump for ya.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.