2007 shorty build shooting for 600

BilletGarage

Reaction score
How big are the excursion tanks?

I just bought a rclb and can't decide if I want to do a shorty build or leave it.
The Excursion tanks are big. 40+ gallons if I recall. I considered one for my build but they hang too low for my taste. Looks like the truck is wearing a diaper. I would go with a fuel cell in the spare tire location with a custom sending unit from Isspro or the like (someone on here has done this but their screename escapes me at the moment). I know there are converter boxes you can pick up to that will convert sending unit resistance to the factory guage resistance spread. Also, don't get a fuel cell with foam inside. I think it was devdiesel on here that found out the foam is not compatible with diesel fuel. Chunked up and got sent through the fuel lines. I am running a shortbed tank on mine with a modified factory sending unit and it has been working good. I donvt think it will work for 4x4's though because the tank will hit the transfer case if I recall.

Sent from my Note 4 using Tapatalk

05wh250

Reaction score
That's what I was thinking, that they were big. The screen name your looking for is Hoov3r, I looked at his thread last night. I saw titan makes a transfer tank to mount back there that's around 20 gallons but its more than they want for a damaged short bed around here.

BilletGarage

Reaction score
That's what I was thinking, that they were big. The screen name your looking for is Hoov3r, I looked at his thread last night. I saw titan makes a transfer tank to mount back there that's around 20 gallons but its more than they want for a damaged short bed around here.
Hoov3r is correct! I am on Tapatalk and didn't have the time to search. I may go the fuel cell route in the future for better weight transfer. I saw the Titan Tank for the spare tire location as well. Insane what they are asking for those. Would be an easy solution though.

Mudstomper99

Reaction score
The tank on a gas excursion is not as big at least one we had in the shop didn't look like it. It was tucked behind the bumper nice

LovinPSDs

Reaction score

BilletGarage

Reaction score
Yeah but if you saw it in person I bet you could see why
Oh, I have no doubt the value is there. Looks like a work of art! I wonder how it would look from the rear with a roll pan? The filler behind the license plate would be trick too.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
2083ebb8ea8f2a9fca60e083344e2d57.jpg

There's an example of it peeking under a hitch

Mudstomper99

Reaction score
Bad ass design but that's not in the budget! My wife would kill me! Thinking about welding up my own just not with all the fancy skid plates

Mudstomper99

Reaction score
Tore top half down looks like I have a well maintained motor still has great cross hatching in the walls very clean inside.

C96184EF-3410-4B57-A224-F005A0E63E2C_zpshzfrzb60.jpg

Mudstomper99

Reaction score
Picked up my heads today from the machine shop and good to go back on! Just need to find time to slap it together!

Latest posts

Members online