2008 450 tow build

Grizzdog

Reaction score
Just bought a 08 450 cclb, pick it up on friday.

Ive got a month to get this build done.

Truck will be pulling a 35ft gooseneck with a gross trailer weight around 18-21k.

What mods do you guys suggest for reliability. Thats all i care about with this build.

I was thinking of doing the deletes and intake/tuner with a mild tune.

Are studs required? It will never be drag raced nor do i care about fuel milage. I want this truck to work its ass off and not miss a beat.

Any other mods suggested?

Thanks in advance.

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
If you want reliability upgrade the trans, do the studs and a wastegate, and DPF with a tow tune. Stock parts are more reliable than aftermarket most of the time.

Grizzdog

Reaction score
Thats the kind of input im looking for. Should i just let it be? Havent had and problems with the 550 i have and ive put a lot of miles on pulling 19k all over the country with it.

Just been reading today about people saying the filtration stuff is whats causing the problems so i thought if i got rid of them i would be fine.

I need the truck to last 100k miles. Then it will be time for new one.

BFT

Reaction score
If no air upgrades then you won't need the wastegate. A gear vendors would be a good option so you're not winding out the truck on long hauls.
There trucks run pretty damn well with just tuner, intake and deletes. Since your pulling a lot of weight following up with a mild trans build would be smart. Elite, MPD, RCD...etc are all vendors here who build stout trans for what you need.

Not trying to steer you clear of what your goal are, but do you have inspections being that you tow a lot and so heavy?

Grizzdog

Reaction score
Once a year.

My guy that does it is pretty decent on things as long as things are safe. I try to stay out of iowa and IL tho.

BFT

Reaction score
Good deal on that. Whatever you could do to keep you fluids good, like you said earlier, would be your best bet.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.