2011-2016 console swap

skate918

Reaction score
I'm in the middle of swapping out my original center console out in my 08 f250 with the full size console out of an 2011 and up. This has been something I've wanted to do for a while and finally decided to give it a try. I've read several people talking about doing it but have not actually seen any pull the trigger on it.

The pr chess seems to be pretty straight forward and o have only ran into a couple of hiccups along the way regarding the rear mounts that are designed to attached to the floor with the seat bolts and the wiring for the console itself.

I pulled the middle dash bezels off, replaced the lower one that originally had the flip out cup holders with the one purchased from the salvage yard with the console. This allows the console to slide into the dash and be secured from the front. Also create the factory look like it is meant to be there.

In order to connect the new consoles air vents I believe I can just install the lower afflict piece from the 11 and up models and every hint should be good. Hoping to have that part in some time this week.

The newer console has several more wires for it since it does have the power inverter installed. Hopefully someone on here happens to have access to a wiring diagram for it. I have not had much luck finding one.

I will post some pictures on the swap in case any one else is interested in doing this also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skate918

Reaction score
Here are a few photos of the console installed. The lower plastic piece from the 11-16 trucks bolt right up to the 08-10 dashes. The front of the console slides into it for a sleek look and helps secure it.
IMG_2447.JPGIMG_2448.JPGIMG_2449.JPGIMG_2450.JPG

skate918

Reaction score
Here's a screenshot of the air duct piece needed to connect the dash to the console. Should be able to just unbolt the original and reinstall the new one, slide the console into the duct and have air flowing to the back.
12c48b5c189438667b69fc092aa94a9c.png

co04cobra

Reaction score
Looking good. Post up a pic of the wires going to that console. I'll dig up a schematic when I get some free time.

skate918

Reaction score
Best I could get of the wiring harness. My iPhone is taking terrible pictures.

The factory harness in my truck has four wires going to it. The console harness looks to have 6-8 wires.

I've got the day off tomorrow so hopefully I can get the seat mounting bracket figured out, clean it finally, and work on the wiring.

IMG_2463.JPG
Original harness for the truck.
IMG_2460.JPG
These two plugs run to the power inverter.
IMG_2456.JPG
IMG_2457.JPG
This is the main plug for the console. Couldn't get a very good picture of it.
IMG_2462.JPG

skate918

Reaction score
I was able to find this wiring diagram online, does it make sense to anyone? It's like a foreign language to me.
0f461eeab51161a5461ecddcdb6ccd06.png

capt dong

Reaction score
That brown or orange connector matches your wiring diag to the inverter. The abbreviations are wire colors. I think the other letters are circuit designations. If you get the whole manual itll show where it all goes.

skate918

Reaction score
Here are a few better pictures of the count Naples wiring harness. The truck originally had four wires going to the console, the new one requires 6. IMG_2469.JPGIMG_2470.JPGIMG_2471.JPGIMG_2472.JPG

Latest posts

Members online