2012 64.5 sxe questions and concerns

Ajschib

Reaction score
Im new here take it easy on me, I am currently running ******d 2012 with egr ****** *** 5 in exhaust, mini maxx and have been ******d sense 71k and just rolled 106. Instead of waiting for the original turbo to fail I just ordered a 64.5 sxe mpd budget kit with a 2015 cp4 and fass 125. Wondering if their is something else that is a must with this setup, tunes will also be by MPD until I decide on ezlink. Are rods really a concern at this hp level? If so should I stay in the lower tune? Cai a waste of money or will stock suffice. I know these questions can being on a world of conversation but a few simple answers or ideas from those of you who are more knowledgeable and experienced would help. Thanks, Aj

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Im new here take it easy on me, I am currently running ******d 2012 with egr ****** *** 5 in exhaust, mini maxx and have been ******d sense 71k and just rolled 106. Instead of waiting for the original turbo to fail I just ordered a 64.5 sxe mpd budget kit with a 2015 cp4 and fass 125. Wondering if their is something else that is a must with this setup, tunes will also be by MPD until I decide on ezlink. Are rods really a concern at this hp level? If so should I stay in the lower tune? Cai a waste of money or will stock suffice. I know these questions can being on a world of conversation but a few simple answers or ideas from those of you who are more knowledgeable and experienced would help. Thanks, Aj

a BIG CAI is key , for sure. rods are fine , let it eat. other than that replace your plastic ic pipe while you're at it. congrats on all the new hardware ! let me know if i can help we sell all the good stuff.

JRLott

Reaction score
No Limit Satage 2. The guy in post 2...call him like he said to do. That flashing banner in his sig....not just there to induce epileptic episodes. Click it. Explore. Make wish list. Prioritize list. Call him. Give CC info. Buy something nice for wife. Install stuff when the big brown truck drops it off.

jcain

Reaction score
The Fass is useless. I'd get my money back and do a Cai and/or piping kit.

Lasvegas67

Reaction score
No Limit Satage 2. The guy in post 2...call him like he said to do. That flashing banner in his sig....not just there to induce epileptic episodes. Click it. Explore. Make wish list. Prioritize list. Call him. Give CC info. Buy something nice for wife. Install stuff when the big brown truck drops it off.
No more accurate words were ever spoken. Ensure you adhere his advice and buy the wife something. That is key to truck modification success. Happy wife, happy truck!

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score

somebody is getting a jello mold for xmas !

Lasvegas67

Reaction score
If I buy that much equipment for my rig I'd have to get the wife something with a pull start. 12v operated at the least.

Ajschib

Reaction score
Fass not worth the effort and money for the gains? Starting the install tomorrow night.

JRLott

Reaction score
Fuel Lab or H&S. H&S is plug & play. Once again I reference my previous post about calling No Limit.

Ajschib

Reaction score
I don't mind spending the extra money on h&'s lift pump if I need one, should I see how stock lift pump does first?

JRLott

Reaction score
I don't mind spending the extra money on h&'s lift pump if I need one, should I see how stock lift pump does first?

There are several who haven't been pleased with either the air removal pumps. Noise, failures, not necessary...some love them and haven't had any trouble. I'd run the factory pump if I were you until it proved it wasn't up to the task. Someone on here will know if there was any change to it in '15.

Ajschib

Reaction score
OK I have the 64.5 sxe and 15 pump installed, running stock intake until my cai arrives on monday, tunes seem very smokey hard to tell at night, boost seems limited but can't find info on what is normal but a 30-80 wot it hit 36 fairly easily does that seem about normal? Hoping the cai helps a little with smoke otherwise I will be running it on tow often.

dsmracing1

Reaction score
OK I have the 64.5 sxe and 15 pump installed, running stock intake until my cai arrives on monday, tunes seem very smokey hard to tell at night, boost seems limited but can't find info on what is normal but a 30-80 wot it hit 36 fairly easily does that seem about normal? Hoping the cai helps a little with smoke otherwise I will be running it on tow often.

Check back in when you have an aftermarket intake on. I know with the Streetmax Kit I put on, it was definitely not recommended to run a stock intake with the lack of flow. Probably a similar deal with yours...

Latest posts