2012 Add-A-Leaf or Airbags?

Elliott

Reaction score
Have a 2012 CC/SB that sags pretty bad under even a slight load, may go to Ford and see if they'll replace the leafs under warranty, as they seem to be flattening out. Just wondering if anyone has tried either a replacement leaf pack or supplemental leafs on the stock spring pack. I saw that Carli and other suspension outfits have them. Option 2 would be bags, is Firestone the way to go? It seems every few years, Ford increases the payloads and puts lighter/less leaf springs out back. Thanks for your input!
Dave

SAK

Reaction score
My vote for air bags, can adjust how much air you need in them to get a level ride and when you dont need the extra capacity you lower the air pressure.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Air bags all the way. A controller of them is always a great idea too, but if you want to stay on the cheaper side just the bags then you can fill them up at a gas station or if you have a compressor at your house

Aaron S

Reaction score
Im running factory 2012 springs on my truck with Carli add a packs. The truck dosent seem to squat near as much as it did when the springs were stock.

If your going to go between empty and heavy loads then air bags are probably the better option. If the loads aren't near max I think youd be okay with the add a pack. My ride quality is also slightly better with the add a packs.

Latest posts

Members online