2012 F350 6.7 making oil..... Lots of oil

Kyle308

Reaction score
Hey guys my buddies 6.7 recently start pouring oil out of his crankcase breather and makes a knocking noise under load like an injector knock. Also has a ton of crankcase pressure. So I get there to check it out for him no codes cylinder contribution doesn't show any obvious misfires even thought when it's doing the injector knock noise it feels like its missing. So I check the oil and it's way over full so I decided to drain it I figured a 5 gallon bucket will easily hold 13qrts well it filled up the 5 gallon bucket and put another gallon or so everywhere lol. Is it common for these to have a stuck injector? Oil seems thin but not super fuely. Then I filled it back up with new oil started checking things with the scanner only scanner I have is a solus snap on scanner I notice one of the pids is fuel balancing quantity there is a pid for each cylinder. Cylinder 5 & 3 are reading like -1200. I'm pretty new to the 6.7 world. If anyone can offer some advice on things to check or information on that pid that would be great. I'm assuming it's like the balance rates? Oh and the truck is a 2012 f-350 no emission things. Single 64 h&s tunes has 55k on it.

https://www.facebook.com/kyle.white.7564/videos/10208472605986706/

Last edited:

webb06

Reaction score
I haven't seen or heard of a 6.7 making oil. Is it smoking a lot out the exhaust like raw fuel? It has bad blow by?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pdumont01

Reaction score
Could the hpp be leaking out the front seal? Yiud think an injector would give bad driveability problems. Can't say I've ever heard of that. Then again I've been out of the dealer for a few years now...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

webb06

Reaction score
Could the hpp be leaking out the front seal? Yiud think an injector would give bad driveability problems. Can't say I've ever heard of that. Then again I've been out of the dealer for a few years now...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Possible. But from his description the truck is running very poor with bad blowby and missing plus a fuel knock sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CATDiezel

Reaction score
If it was coolant you would have had a milkshake on your hands and a very nasty situation.

Only other option is fuel dilution. And by the sounds of it... lots!! If it has TONS of blowby that can be one of two things. Cracked piston or the oil is so thin that the rings are no longer seated to the cylinder walls. But it "sounds" to me like a cracked piston. And with a busted piston probably a dropped valve caused that and destroyed the tip of the injector causing the massive amount of fuel in the cylinder.

Time for a boroscope inspection through a GP.

Doing my best to Internet troubleshoot!

Kyle308

Reaction score
Thanks guys. But we narrowed it down to cylinder 4 injector. We also did a comp test four was 15psi low I'm hoping from being washed out so waiting on an injector to show and I will update you guys

Kyle308

Reaction score
Also the blow by went away after I drained the 6 gallons out and filled it back up. And it really started missing and running like **** yesterday morning finally threw a code for cylinder 4 contribution and cylinder 4 misfire

Latest posts

Members online