2012 King Ranch Leather

NCSU dirt man

Reaction score
There's a 2012 KR F-250 for sale nearby that was a corporate vehicle and just driven up and down the road a lot. The truck itself appears to be in great shape but the leather wasn't exactly babied or taken care of from what I can tell. Just curious if this leather might be somewhat restorable or if the damage is permanent? I know the newer 2011+ King Ranch Leather interiors aren't the same style of leather as the older trucks. Here's a few pics of the wear to them which is mainly just on the front seats & center console in the usual spots:

full

full

I have read where a lot of people claim that the body's oils are kind of harsh on the leather. I'm assuming that's why the center console might have that darker stain? Is this something that would be fixable or would you just have to replace it?

JRLott

Reaction score
Pics aren't working for me on the iPhone hotspot. There was a thread on here about restoring the KR leather. I can't remember the product name or what year. Pics would make you think it was ruined by the cleaner. Turned out really well.

Squat and Poot

Reaction score
lexol cleaner and conditioner is what I use.

Honestly, it works well but I'd like to know if anyone has a better recommendation.

NCSU dirt man

Reaction score
lexol cleaner and conditioner is what I use.

Honestly, it works well but I'd like to know if anyone has a better recommendation.

I had always read where guys on the forums were saying to avoid Lexol cleaner with KR leather..? However I guess that may have been for the older KR's with that other style of leather maybe? I'm just wondering if those lighter spots where the rubbing happened on the seats will darken back up with a gentle cleaning and then leather protectant? I think the center console & arm rests may just be permanently stained. BTW Squat & Poot I love your KR, it's one of my favorites. I think I followed you over from the GMFS forum too

TyCorr

Reaction score
If i could see the pictures it may be as easy as taking scrubbing bubbles aerosol cleaner and a stiff brush and scrubbing the grime off. Followed by some regular old cleaner and conditioner.

HOUTX01X

Reaction score
I have used many different cleaners and conditioners.
KR conditioner(duragloss rebranded), duragloss, leather cpr, groits, lexol and more.
I don't notice a change in leather after using them. There was an article on the type of leather used and how condition doesn't really work as well as the older type of leathers previously used. When I bought mine I had some wear on the passenger side from either the sun or someone getting in and out often.

I am going to have a guy re-dye the seat I think that is the only way to get them looking new.

I now just use the 303 aerospace protectant and the KR/Duragloss conditioner because it smells good.

http://www.detailingspot.com/?page_id=308

post 32 has good info

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/36...-leather-seats-my-personal-experiences-2.html

Last edited:

NCSU dirt man

Reaction score
I have used many different cleaners and conditioners.
KR conditioner(duragloss rebranded), duragloss, leather cpr, groits, lexol and more.
I don't notice a change in leather after using them. There was an article on the type of leather used and how condition doesn't really work as well as the older type of leathers previously used. When I bought mine I had some wear on the passenger side from either the sun or someone getting in and out often.

I am going to have a guy re-dye the seat I think that is the only way to get them looking new.

I now just use the 303 aerospace protectant and the KR/Duragloss conditioner because it smells good.

http://www.detailingspot.com/?page_id=308

post 32 has good info

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/36...-leather-seats-my-personal-experiences-2.html

Awesome thanks man!

Latest posts

Members online