2013 psd upgrade questions

Yourfnmother

Reaction score
Ok gentlemen, this is my first post on this forum, been Browsing for quite some time.....anyway, i am picking up my first powerstroke tuesday. Im trading in my POS 6.7 cummins on a 2013 crew cab lwb 4x4 f250 and couldnt be happier, my old man has a 2012 and has nothing but good things to say so i went today and did the test drive/trade-in value and all that good stuff. My truck will be in on tuesday.....alright enough with the boring bs...... Im not one to leave a truck alone, im planning a 4" zone lift and 36 or 37"s ....here is what I need information regarding.... I want to install an intake, tuner exhaust and im open to other upgrades BUT i do not want to void my warranty, so what options do I have??? Looking for mgps before horsepower but who doesn't like a few extra ponies..... Any recommendations???

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Unfortunately the tuner voids your warranty. If you do damage to the motor it should be on you not ford.

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
Agreed^^^^ You cannot mod these newer trucks without the dealer knowing. Honestly, most guys will agree that doing the deletes will do more for the longivity of your motor. I am somewhat in the market for a 6.7 and currently doing my research.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Put the lift wheels and tires on it and run it for a while till you feel confidante enough to put a tuner on it and possibly void your warranty. My dealer knows what is done to my truck and said if anything goes to put it back to stock before I bring it to them LOL

bricewise

Reaction score
I thought about it long and hard before I put a tuner on my 6.7...after I put it on I wondered why I waited so long. It's a completely different truck.

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
My service writer at my local dealer is a beer drinking buddy of mine, he's help me do some of my mods, and he told me the same thing Matt's dealer did, said to just keep it all and go back to stock and bring it in and he would make sure it was warrantied out

Yourfnmother

Reaction score
Put the lift wheels and tires on it and run it for a while till you feel confidante enough to put a tuner on it and possibly void your warranty. My dealer knows what is done to my truck and said if anything goes to put it back to stock before I bring it to them LOL

My goat Has full deletes across the board running an xrt pro on the hot damn tune, im not worried abt the added power, honestly this go round im wanting mpg's not horsepower......i was runnin my cummins like i stole it.....heres the pos im gettin rid of
ege8ybaj.jpg

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
My goat Has full deletes across the board running an xrt pro on the hot damn tune, im not worried abt the added power, honestly this go round im wanting mpg's not horsepower......i was runnin my cummins like i stole it.....heres the pos im gettin rid of
ege8ybaj.jpg

pos is right !! haha

Yourfnmother

Reaction score
pos is right !! haha

Lol, the only thing good about that truck was the compliments on looks.....ran like chit drove like chit rode like chit......i couldnt believe the difference in comfort alone between it and the new fords. Also the goat is faster with all the upgrades but honestly not by much, i could outrun my dad everytime but not by as much as 1 would think after all i dumped into it performance wise. Intake, tbe exhaust, tuner, delets, injectors, studs etc etc. His truck is bone stock and he would pretty much hang right with me unyil about 85 then id ease away........

Not that any of it matters lol im like a little kid waitin on xmas to pick up my new one!

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
Yourfnmother;704831honestly said:
this go round im wanting mpg's not horsepower

it will take a tuner and exhaust and the deletes to accomplish this

i saw power gains, mpg gains, and just over all the truck just felt better after i did all my deletes and black max

bricewise

Reaction score
Not seeing regen messages and not filling up the my truck with exhaust juice made it worth it

Ragu9000

Reaction score
Not seeing regen messages and not filling up the my truck with exhaust juice made it worth it

true story lol

OP my friend was telling me he was reading (possibly in Diesel Power Mag) that there are lots of options for safetly tuning these trucks. Not saying that most of us deleting all the BS is 'unsafe' but there are more dealer friendly options. he said the latest issue was all about big power while keeping the DPF. I also remember him saying something about meth injection can really boost up MPGs on these hogs especially when towing. enjoy the new rig :ford:

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
at 86 miles on my 6.7 it had a tuner, and dpf delete. and at around 21,000 it threw a rod.

im at 94 .. if i didnt haver to do some stock mileage testing it would have been done by now.. but well, at least i had a stock truck for a few weeks.

BlueOx

Reaction score
what is that suppose to tell us?

mine was tuned and deleted at 10k, fixing to turn over 70k this weekend and shes running better than ever.

I deleted mine at 4k and have 6k on her now, do I win something now?? LoL

Sent from the wild blue yonder....

Latest posts

Members online