2013+ Steel oil pan help

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Im looking for the ford part number for the steel oil pan.

I believe I found it with the vin # for a 2014 I robbed off the internet.

from Fordparts.com I came up with a 6675B.

I currently have the plastic oil pan on my truck. Im not concerned about it, Im just wanting to put a fumoto valve in and the only way I can do that is if I upgrade to the steel oil pan.

Can anyone verify the part number for the steel oil pan and fords RTV sealant?

Thanks

Biggpigg4x4

Reaction score
I got one from SPE and it came with RTV and bolts. Not sure on part number tho. Hope this helps.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
YEah, I see the one SPE has. I don't want to spend an extra $60 for a logo on the bottom. If im seeing this right on Fordparts with sunrise as the dealer its $65.

I just dont know if im seeing the right pan..

gfulton

Reaction score
YEah, I see the one SPE has. I don't want to spend an extra $60 for a logo on the bottom. If im seeing this right on Fordparts with sunrise as the dealer its $65.

I just dont know if im seeing the right pan..

I tried googling the part number and never could find anything.....

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Thanks fellas. No I have not tried calling Ford. Dealing with the local dealers around here is like trying to pull teeth from a hungry lion.

I put a request in this forum for sunrise ford. Well see.

I googled it to death also Mr fulton. Lol

DWhite

Reaction score
Not to knock this off topic but is there any advantages to have the steel pan over plastic?
I know I don't much care for the plastic drain plug setup they have on it.

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
Our finned cast aluminum pan is definitely more than a stock steel pan will run, and we put the drain on the bottom instead of the side so you actually get all of the oil out...so a valve hanging off the bottom probably wouldn't be good idea. I just picked them up from the machine shop today. We will have all of the drain plugs and sealant and bolts for them tomorrow, so I should have them up on the website in the next week or so.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Not to knock this off topic but is there any advantages to have the steel pan over plastic?
I know I don't much care for the plastic drain plug setup they have on it.

My main reason is for the rear drain plug so I can screw a FUMOTO drain valve in. I just built a new shop and don't want another splash mess from a hot oil change. That plug is not erginomical!! Lol.

Very nice Dennis... the aluminum pans I've seen from others look very appealing. I would prefer the plug in the back however.

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
I'm working on an option that might change your mind, hopefully I will know tomorrow.

When we changed the pan on my truck and installed the cast one, we couldn't believe how much oil was still in the stock steel one...the drain plug location leaves a lot in there, and having it point back is still messy. Ours is located so you can put ONE drain pan under the oil pan drain and the filter and change them at the same time.

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
There is no gasket for the steel oil pan, it is installed with sealant (as is our cast aluminum pan). Ford has a special sealant for the 6.7L.

We considered having a gasket made, but this isn't something that generally gets removed for servicing (like a trans pan) so it just seemed like extra cost and more chance of an installation problem so we dropped the idea.

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
CAT,

How about this option? I had that valve on my 7.3L Dually forever...I just had to make sure we had enough room in the machined area for it to fit before putting it out there. You remove the knurled cap and screw on a short drainer hose. As the drainer gets screwed on, it opens the valve and allows the pan to drain. Very clean, low profile, works great.

I don't have them in stock yet, but we will be getting a bunch of these drain valves and offering them as an upgrade option on the pans.

Attachments

• DrainValve.jpg
    DrainValve.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 112
  • DrainValve2.png
    DrainValve2.png
    19.9 KB · Views: 114

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
Install instructions completed today. Pans will be available to ship starting about mid next week. That will be with the standard drain plug. I will be gone all next week so I won't be getting the drain plugs shown above ordered until I get back.

Jomax

Reaction score
CAT,

How about this option? I had that valve on my 7.3L Dually forever...I just had to make sure we had enough room in the machined area for it to fit before putting it out there. You remove the knurled cap and screw on a short drainer hose. As the drainer gets screwed on, it opens the valve and allows the pan to drain. Very clean, low profile, works great.

I don't have them in stock yet, but we will be getting a bunch of these drain valves and offering them as an upgrade option on the pans.
I'm going to be bothering you for that drain plug Dennis! I don't see that on your site... that's slick!

Sent from my SM-P605V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.