2014 Sema project

Stroked777

Reaction score
I bet nobody here has ever seen these tires before, the rarest tires to be ran on any sema builds. The toyo M/T, personally I think they are one of the best looking M/T tires still out there period. Not insanely loud and definitely proven, but most importantly they come in a 24'' wheel size. We will definitely be running two footers on this build, couple pictures though just to keep things going here. They looked huge when I first got them, not so much anymore though.
IMG_1158.jpg

IMG_1189.jpg

IMG_1192.jpg

IMG_1284.jpg

I ran those on my 6.0 with a 10 inch lift and loved those tires

jordan572

Reaction score
im thinking the same thing with the rigid wiring harness. i'll be using the ford upfitters for relays and it's pretty basic from there.

i did, however, have to youtube a video on making deutsch DT connectors and wiring :D

Funny you say that, I'm no self claimed master at any of this. I too watched a video to get an idea. Between the pins, sockets, wedge locks, etc I wanted to make sure I was ordering the right stuff. Some of the rigids will be triggered off factory controls. The rest that can't be turned on at all unless your in the middle of nowhere I plan to run off one or two upfitters. I'll probably just use the upfitter to trigger the relay as many of the bars exceed the amperage rating on the upfitter switches.

Cobra 19 & 54

Reaction score
B e careful using those brakes. Wilwood themselves say not to use them on an application over 5000lbs. In the end you might be close to double that.

jordan572

Reaction score
B e careful using those brakes. Wilwood themselves say not to use them on an application over 5000lbs. In the end you might be close to double that.

Thanks for the heads up, these brakes are specifically designed for big, heavy trucks. I have no doubt that they will out brake the OEM brakes by noticeable differences. TCE performance specializes in brake kits, I'm sure they wouldn't sell anything that isn't an upgrade or unsafe.

jordan572

Reaction score
I got with InMotionJosh again at The Diesel Cartel to get some more Rigids. Trevor at Precision Metal Fab is designing a serious lift, plus I like my Rigids :doh:. I can safely say that the rock light situation is under control, there will be plenty of light to showcase the suspension and paint work going on underneath. I'm thinking I will have a few extra rock lights to use for the Amp Powersteps but we'll have to see how those look when the time comes. A couple flashers should complete the affect, I realize that the rock lights are a love/hate thing for may people. There on a switch for that reason, :toast:

IMG_1519.jpg

IMG_1534.jpg

IMG_1526.jpg

The parts piles are coming along nicely, starting to get really excited, anxious, and slightly stressed for the work ahead. If only sema worked around my schedule...

IMG_1542.jpg

Cobra 19 & 54

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up, these brakes are specifically designed for big, heavy trucks. I have no doubt that they will out brake the OEM brakes by noticeable differences. TCE performance specializes in brake kits, I'm sure they wouldn't sell anything that isn't an upgrade or unsafe.

Actually, talk to Wilwood, the kit for big trucks hasn't been released yet. Those are specifically NOT designed for a truck as heavy as yours. I'm not asking you to believe me, I'm asking you to call Wilwood yourself and find out. The seals within the caliper pistons will not support stopping a vehicle of that weight. I'm not trying to start anything as I think this is an awesome build, I just want you to be safe.

smokinstroker

Reaction score
Actually, talk to Wilwood, the kit for big trucks hasn't been released yet. Those are specifically NOT designed for a truck as heavy as yours. I'm not asking you to believe me, I'm asking you to call Wilwood yourself and find out. The seals within the caliper pistons will not support stopping a vehicle of that weight. I'm not trying to start anything as I think this is an awesome build, I just want you to be safe.

Don't know where you got that info? I called wilwood direct a few weeks back and they referred me to TCE for the setup.

Cobra 19 & 54

Reaction score
My info comes from Wilwood as of a conversation this morning. I was going to piece my own kit together similar to the TCE kit (I didn't know TCE made a kit until the post yesterday). I called my rep at Wilwood and asked about the calipers. They said it would not hold up to the weight and would fail. They are however working on a kit with a heavy duty caliper for heavier trucks. I'm not going to muck up this guys build post with anymore of this. PM me if you want more info. OP, sorry about this.

jordan572

Reaction score
Who funds these truck builds and what are they trying to accomplish with them?

This being our first build, all pretty much self funded. Saved a fraction of the cost on just a few parts. My biggest supporter is the diesel cartel, Josh helps a ton not only with obtaining parts but anything I have a question about, cool dude for sure. PMF suspension has been really good to me also, Trevor is going the extra yard exceeding any of my expectations. Bentley at H&S and accuair suspension have been the only other sponsors willing to help out which is awesome. The goal, build the coolest truck we can that I've wanted to build for the last 5 years.

jordan572

Reaction score
My info comes from Wilwood as of a conversation this morning. I was going to piece my own kit together similar to the TCE kit (I didn't know TCE made a kit until the post yesterday). I called my rep at Wilwood and asked about the calipers. They said it would not hold up to the weight and would fail. They are however working on a kit with a heavy duty caliper for heavier trucks. I'm not going to muck up this guys build post with anymore of this. PM me if you want more info. OP, sorry about this.

Thank you for the heads up, I'll look into it.

Dantron

Reaction score
This being our first build, all pretty much self funded. Saved a fraction of the cost on just a few parts. My biggest supporter is the diesel cartel, Josh helps a ton not only with obtaining parts but anything I have a question about, cool dude for sure. PMF suspension has been really good to me also, Trevor is going the extra yard exceeding any of my expectations. Bentley at H&S and accuair suspension have been the only other sponsors willing to help out which is awesome. The goal, build the coolest truck we can that I've wanted to build for the last 5 years.
Damn. It sounds like you're doing it simply for the enjoyment. Good for you. I thought these trucks were advertisements on wheels, sort of thing.

jordan572

Reaction score
Damn. It sounds like you're doing it simply for the enjoyment. Good for you. I thought these trucks were advertisements on wheels, sort of thing.

I appreciate that, surely we will advertise with it to get exposure for the helping sponsors are ourselves. However, the main purpose is simply because I've always wanted a really nice truck. So many "sema" builds in the truck world these pasts few years, I'm hoping to make a real sema build.

Hendrys2009

Reaction score
This is the only Sema build that I support. Glad to see somebody actually building their truck instead of dropping it off at some shop. Keep up the good work.

Cobra 19 & 54

Reaction score
Sema Builds are like crack! You get a little taste and all the sudden you're hooked. I wouldn't know what to do if I didn't have the Sema thrash starting in July and culminating in October. You are well on your way to having one of the nicer builds at Sema. Keep it up, and remember to count the days left, there are never enough. Once you have a good build, the sponsors jump on board with you.

Latest posts

Members online