2015 f250 problem

murray711

Reaction score
Ok guys I'm in real need of some help I have a 2015 f250 6.7 I just picked up for a steal. truck has 102k on the clock and I just installed a flo pro egr/*** ****** and a 5in flo pro exhaust with a sct live wire tuner with no limit custom tunes and the truck was running great then my 5in no limit intake came in and I installed it took it for a drive and under acceleration I get this very loud/strange sound coming from what sounds like my turbo almost a moan type sound I will post a vid later. so this sound happens and I let off the throttle and come to a complete stop and start driving and no sound happens until I really get on it and the only way to get rid of it is to come to a complete stop again so I emailed no limit and they gave me some new tunes to try and i did but the still same thing happens.I noticed a dtc code on the sct but it wouldn't read it so I took it to Napa and it's a p1247 code low boost but no cel just a soft code.my sotf switch came in from no limit and I installed it with the new tunes and still the same symptoms with it as well. now I Will add that at idel my turbo boost can be negative 1.5- 3.5 is that normal? I don't remember what it was before the intake install. I've also checked the cold side intercooler tube and it's fine. I'm at a loss here anyone have any ideas? No limit has been awesome in trying to help me out great customer service. This a strictly off road/track/farm truck of course

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

cappa

Reaction score
What he said. My boost reads 0 to 1.5 or so idling I believe on a 15 with a similar setup. Never seen a negative # that I know of yet.

murray711

Reaction score
What he said. My boost reads 0 to 1.5 or so idling I believe on a 15 with a similar setup. Never seen a negative # that I know of yet.
Yea the maf sensor is in correctly that was my first thought with the p1247 code but it's in right and cleaned gently with crc maf cleaner

murray711

Reaction score
I don't think this right.
0e10d6c2414391a71c7c788b7ca7b8e2.jpg

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
There was a time when the portion of tube that holds the sensor could have been installed in reverse causing the sensor to face the wrong way. Might have been changed with later versions.

Bgdiesel

Reaction score
Unplug the egr throttle plate it's where the cold side cac tube attaches to the upper intake I would bet you left it plugged in, the connector isn't the easiest to get to and is often overlooked, if it is trying to close it would cause a vacuum and negative boost reading

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

murray711

Reaction score
There was a time when the portion of tube that holds the sensor could have been installed in reverse causing the sensor to face the wrong way. Might have been changed with later versions.
The "scoop" side of the maf sensor is facing the filter.

murray711

Reaction score
Unplug the egr throttle plate it's where the cold side cac tube attaches to the upper intake I would bet you left it plugged in, the connector isn't the easiest to get to and is often overlooked, if it is trying to close it would cause a vacuum and negative boost reading

I will make sure I unplugged that when I get off work I know I unplugged something on the drivers side and plugged my sotf switch into the plug I removed just can't remember what I unplugged

murray711

Reaction score

You where right about it being left plugged in and it's unplugged now but still negative boost readings

Bgdiesel

Reaction score
Does it still make the noise under hard accel and did it change max boost at all since you noticed the problem? Also you could check and see if somehow the throttle plate is stuck in a partially closed position. Pull the cold side cac tube back and look in the throttle plate, it should always be completely open and if it open, test drive it and see if it's making good boost and power and if it's going to set the code again and let us know

murray711

Reaction score
Does it still make the noise under hard accel and did it change max boost at all since you noticed the problem? Also you could check and see if somehow the throttle plate is stuck in a partially closed position. Pull the cold side cac tube back and look in the throttle plate, it should always be completely open and if it open, test drive it and see if it's making good boost and power and if it's going to set the code again and let us know

Yes sir it is still making the noise I took the intake off again and stuck my hand down to check to see if i had any play in the wheel shaft and all seems tight. Something else I have just learned is when I'm in park and rev it to about 3700rpm the engine shuts off and throws a p0219 code over speed protection.

Bgdiesel

Reaction score
murray711;1497995]Yes sir it is still making the noise I took the intake off again and stuck my hand down to check to see if i had any play in the wheel shaft and all seems tight. Something else I have just learned is when I'm in park and rev it to about 3700rpm the engine shuts off and throws a p0219 code over speed protection.

That is pretty high rpm for a 6.7 anyway, that's built into the tune, they could change it if you wanted them to. But I don't think it's necessary, can you describe the noise again and does the truck make good power now with good spool up and everything?

Last edited:

murray711

Reaction score
Yes sir it is still making the noise I took the intake off again and stuck my hand down to check to see if i had any play in the wheel shaft and all seems tight. Something else I have just learned is when I'm in park and rev it to about 3700rpm the engine shuts off and throws a p0219 code over speed protection.

Good news the p1247 code is gone but everything else is present it does not do it when the sotf switch is in position 1 or 2 what ever they are and in position 3 it does it at about 75mph wot and position 4 it starts at about 55-60mph wot now once it starts this crazy sound I have to come to a complete stop for it to go away but once it starts the sound I can drop to 10mph and slowly get back on the throttle and it still moans and screams at me till I come to a complete stop

murray711

Reaction score
Good news the p1247 code is gone but everything else is present it does not do it when the sotf switch is in position 1 or 2 what ever they are and in position 3 it does it at about 75mph wot and position 4 it starts at about 55-60mph wot now once it starts this crazy sound I have to come to a complete stop for it to go away but once it starts the sound I can drop to 10mph and slowly get back on the throttle and it still moans and screams at me till I come to a complete stop

And in sotf position 1 and 2 I got a peak boost of 28 and in position 3 just before the noise I was at 22

murray711

Reaction score
murray711;1497995]Yes sir it is still making the noise I took the intake off again and stuck my hand down to check to see if i had any play in the wheel shaft and all seems tight. Something else I have just learned is when I'm in park and rev it to about 3700rpm the engine shuts off and throws a p0219 code over speed protection.

That is pretty high rpm for a 6.7 anyway, that's built into the tune, they could change it if you wanted them to. But I don't think it's necessary, can you describe the noise again and does the truck make good power now with good spool up and everything?

I figured as much just trying to provide as much info as possible I was hoping I could get it to do it when I was under the hood that's why I had my wife rev it up as I was looking to hopefully see exactly where it was coming from but it only does it under a load. The power level never goes down just when the noise happens it's very loud almost like I over boosted like I just ripped the intake off at wot

murray711

Reaction score
Thank you for all your help btw I really appriciate it

Bgdiesel

Reaction score
I figured as much just trying to provide as much info as possible I was hoping I could get it to do it when I was under the hood that's why I had my wife rev it up as I was looking to hopefully see exactly where it was coming from but it only does it under a load. The power level never goes down just when the noise happens it's very loud almost like I over boosted like I just ripped the intake off at wot

Just get that video to see if we can hear it and let us know if any codes come back

murray711

Reaction score
Just get that video to see if we can hear it and let us know if any codes come back

It won't let me post it to here for some reason ill try again

Latest posts

Members online