2015 f350 weird front end noise

O4ep3civ

Reaction score
So I notice this sound at about 400 miles. I now have 1600 still can't figure it out.

I notice when turning from a stop a hard left or right I get a thumping/rubbing sound from the right front tire area. You can hear and feel it in the cab.

I thought maybe one hub was lock and the other is auto. They were block in the locked position. I put them in the auto position. Still getting the sound. I tried it with traction control off. Still the same.

I sounds like it's in 4wd kinda. That's the best way to describe it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I*C*B*M

Reaction score
Mine does the same thing, and it's a 14. All stock. Usually happens making a low speed turn over a bump. Same noise it made while trying to throw it sideways in snow. I believe it's something related to the AdvanceTrac.

Arconalloy

Reaction score
Haha I just started the "ABS Issue" thread below for the same reason mine only does it when making a left turn. Last time it did it I could feel it in my break pedal… idk

Dzchey21

Reaction score
IT has something to do with the advance track, there a certain spot down my street that does the same thing. I think its all tied in with the trailer sway and advanced track.

Hold the TCS button for 10 seconds and turn the advanced track off, then repeat whatever condition that is. I would be willing to bet it goes away.

O4ep3civ

Reaction score
IT has something to do with the advance track, there a certain spot down my street that does the same thing. I think its all tied in with the trailer sway and advanced track.

Hold the TCS button for 10 seconds and turn the advanced track off, then repeat whatever condition that is. I would be willing to bet it goes away.

I'll give that a try. Will the advance track stay off or do you have to do it every time you start the truck.

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
Looking at my '15 the wheel well liners are a tad different on the bottom. Driver's side looks like it was trimmed while the Pass. has no trimming. I'll check into turning off the Advance Trac.

O4ep3civ

Reaction score
I tried turning off the advancetrac and it still does it. Sounds like it does have something to do with abs or the traction control system.

O4ep3civ

Reaction score
Any other thoughts on this. It's driving me crazy

neverkickn

Reaction score
I think you need to convince yourself that its normal and move on. I have two different patches of road that I cross regularly that do t EVERY time. Both of them in turns.

dsmracing1

Reaction score
I think you need to convince yourself that its normal and move on. I have two different patches of road that I cross regularly that do t EVERY time. Both of them in turns.

My truck constantly does it. I'm more sidetracked by the crazy rattles in the cab that are happening already with 20k on her. It's got my mind off this at least...

50_shooter

Reaction score
My 14 does it. But it has nothing to do with advanctrac on mine. The tire is actually rubbing the front of the fenderwell. Always while turning. Worse in snow because it sticks and freezes and reduces the clearance. Never wrecked and has done it since the day I drove it off the lot. Stock tires. You might put some chalk or something on the fenderwell and see if it rubs off when you duplicate the sound. Mine had the dirt rubbed off, that's how I figured it out.

dsmracing1

Reaction score
My 14 does it. But it has nothing to do with advanctrac on mine. The tire is actually rubbing the front of the fenderwell. Always while turning. Worse in snow because it sticks and freezes and reduces the clearance. Never wrecked and has done it since the day I drove it off the lot. Stock tires. You might put some chalk or something on the fenderwell and see if it rubs off when you duplicate the sound. Mine had the dirt rubbed off, that's how I figured it out.

Hmmm, now that I think of it, it's only done it since I put my stock tires back on. When I had the offset rims with 35's on it never did this but I never had them in the snow either.

O4ep3civ

Reaction score

Where exactly was it rubbing? Can you take a picture so I can out chalk on mine

6.7&1966

Reaction score
My '14 F350 FX4 started these same symptoms at about 15k miles while driving through mountain roads in the Carolinas. Fuel mileage was in the 18 mpg range on highways prior to the thumping. Suddenly fuel consumption was 14 mpg. It felt like an issue in the 4wd, either in the hub or transfer case. But, like previous post I can sometimes feel it through the brake pedal. Took it to dealer twice and of course they can't replicate so no solution. I recently drove 1200 miles without washing it and noticed the left front wheel had more brake dust than the right. I started to focus on the brakes and I tested it by super hard braking repeatedly. It was pulling hard left and using a digital laser thermometer saw that the left rotor was 50+ degrees hotter than right. On occasion I think I can feel the caliper thump, possibly fully release? I have an appointment Monday and will post results.

6.7&1966

Reaction score
As should be expected the dealer couldn't replicate the problem. I guess I'm changing dealerships. Back to square one. Happy Holidays to all.

Latest posts

Members online