2015 HPFP?

Ice Cream Sammich

Reaction score
Short story and then a question.

A friend of mine just purchased a used 2012 F250. He decided to get the 12 month warranty from the dealership as he was over 100k miles and a month later, his HPFP grenaded. I am not sure if the HPFP grenaded into the motor or just took out the whole fuel system, but it was written up as a $7,000 repair bill (great decision to get the warranty).

This is not a story about a friend who has a hair dresser that once knew a bum that took money from a guy that sells cookies... etc. This was a good friend and has me worried about mine.

I still have all emissions and will probably keep emissions on this truck. My question for yall, has anyone upgraded to the 2015 HPFP just for the peace of mind? $1200 upfront is much cheaper than $7,000 down the road. I did not buy my truck new and there are 50k miles that I cannot answer for, but I personally change the fuel filters every 15k and drain the water serperator every month.

Sorry for the essay.

Ice Cream Sammich

Reaction score
Also, I say $1200, but I have no idea. I know that the 11-14s are $1200. Haven't seen the retail price for the 15s yet.

Ice Cream Sammich

Reaction score
Mike, thanks. I am putting together another shopping list for you as I type.

Does anybody have or can link a video of how to change out the HPFP? I think its something that I can do, but I want to see first.

sootie

Reaction score
i think the point is to be more careful what goes in the tank +religious maintenance versus poor reliability of the stock 11-14 pump.

a fifteen pump is a great upgrade though

Ice Cream Sammich

Reaction score
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but if I change out my HPFP, a turbo swap is essentially done at the same time too? Or, could be done at the same time.

mfoltz

Reaction score
What is the difference between the 11-14 to 15 hpfp? Its the same pump isn't it but bore out more for more fuel?

Ice Cream Sammich

Reaction score
This wouldn't be for any performance value at all. Just preventive maintenance.

I am really trying to hold off on everything and pick up a 2017 250, but my friend's $7,000 repair bill has me scared.

jcain

Reaction score
Being as it's just a stroked cp4.2, not sure it's any more reliable other than you won't be pushing it as hard to do the same work.

Ice Cream Sammich

Reaction score
Well, I may have worded myself wrong then. My concern is about my current pump, not a new one. I have 50k miles on my truck that I cannot answer for the maintenance of. I would like to assume that they changed the fuel filters as necessary, but I have no idea.

The more and more that I look at this, I am starting to realize that I am worrying for no reason and/or its not worth the peace of mind.

Ice Cream Sammich

Reaction score
I change my fuel filters every 10k miles and drain the water separator every month. I am not overly concerned about my maintenance. I am concerned about damage already done in the 50k miles before I bought the truck.

I am not sure if its one of those things that rust can build and hangout for a few years before going, or its a slight bit of rust and everything goes to **** immediately.

I never see any water in my fuel when I drain the filter, btw.

Latest posts

Members online