2015 vs Previous Turbo Comparison (PIX Included)

Stangr8cr

Reaction score
I'll be joining the club hopefully this week. Lost my turbo last Sunday coming home from the lake. Won't bore you with the details but the dealer thought they found a moron and told me engine was trash when in fact Blackstone confirmed engine is fine. Ordered the cast 15 kit from Elite and can't wait to get this thing up and running again. Something I was wanting to do anyway but really sucks when you HAVE to! I've got a decent pump as mine doesn't drop rail pressure either. I wonder if the stock air box will support enough air for the larger turbo though? I'd hate to upgrade if it's not necessary. Would a better intake maybe help it spool up a little quicker? I'm gonna try it as it sits at first, just wanting y'all's opinion on the intake.

Keith

sootie

Reaction score
get a better intake for sure. your turbo will thank you as well as you may gain power, mileage and throttle response. check out No Limit Fabrication in the vendor section...

Stangr8cr

Reaction score
I was contemplating doing that before the turbo let go. Only thing that kept me from pulling the trigger was the oil reports always come back great so I know the stock intake is doing its job. The truck ran strong but I kinda figured with the new turbo, it's probably going to need a little help with more air. One intake filter better than another or is it just preference?

Keith

ftast350

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed that that's just an AFE intake? Why would ordering it from No Limits make it better?

Dantron

Reaction score

The No Limit Fabrication filters are the big ass ones...

"This is the stage 2 version with 5" all the way from the inlet to the filter , using the No Limit proprietary 5" AFE filter , available in Pro5R , ProDry , or ProGuard7" -No Limit

colecoop56

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed that that's just an AFE intake? Why would ordering it from No Limits make it better?

Yes it is utilizing a AFE filter but all of the intake piping is custom made and will flow a hell of a lot more air then any AFE intake available for our trucks. Also the way this intake is run it allows for a filter that is almost twice the size of the filter that comes with the AFE kit.

Latest posts

Members online